Engine cutting out

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar loaded 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sparrow21
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hey everyone, I recently picked up a vitpilen 401 and on the way home and at least once every ride the bike will stall when down shifting. This is my 3rd bike so I know I’m not down shifting incorrectly but it is my first single cylinder bike. Is this a common thing for the vitpilen?</p>
    Has anyone contacted husqvarna about this problem and found a solution?

At first I thought it might be the kickstand jumping loose on bumpy roads causing the engine to stop as a safety but it also happens on smooth roads.

I’m assuming it chokes out because it has a misfire and with it being a 1 cylinder engine it doesn’t have any other cylinders to compensate. It’s not every downshift but it’s happened enough times for it to be looked into. Any suggestions?

caluz78
    Participant

Hi,

i’m facing also this issue.. do you solve?

I’m reading many solutions, but i don’t really see a solution.. i don’t know what i can say to my dealer..

My cut off when i press the clutch in 2/3 gear…

Mech
    Participant

I just recently experienced something like this, I was on my way home from work and the bike would run fine on the throttle but as soon as I lifted it would shut down.  had to crank it for a long time while holding the accelerator open as if it was flooded, then it’d re- fire and run find until the next time I accelerated and then slowed, so going thru the next stop light.  Hasn’t done it again.  Anyone?

Zapf
    Zapf
    Participant

Had the same issue 3 times so far. Bike has done 2500km. Last time was in middle of a high speed roundabout. I have been riding for 15 years so not fussed, I just pulled the clutch in and restarted motor via starter so no big deal for me. But might be different for a beginner.

loaded
    Participant

Greetings – Same issue here.  Clutch in, blip the throttle and it stalls.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.