Dyno help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I need your help.

I recently bought and installed the following items on my bike:
    1.  Remus underfloor hypercone exhaust (for duke 690) (this removed my cat)
    2.  Dyno Jet Power Commander V5 (Vitpilen 701)
    3.  Rottweiler fuel dongle (to remove the O2 sensor and improve fuel mixture)
    4.  K&N high airflow filter

Last week I brought the bike to certified Dynojet shop to have it mapped but my tank started leaking while they had it.  Unfortunately, when I went to pick it up so I could get the tank repaired they gave me my dyno results which only showed 40hp!

I am getting my tank fixed tomorrow and have a follow up appointment to have the back dyno’d again for Friday.   My question is what do you think the low power in the first round?

1.  Could they have had traction control on?
    2. Could the fuel dongle be impacting the ECU the the power?
    3. Any other ideas?

Thank you,

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Did you accidentally buy a 401? Lol

Does the Dyno Jet Power Commander V5 (Vitpilen 701) need to be mapped for your setup or does it adapt?

Is this a reputable Dyno shop?

Is more than the tank broken on the bike?

Power at the wheel?  Are you using different sprocket sizes?

Participant

Did you accidentally buy a 401? Lol – Ha – Nope

Does the Dyno Jet Power Commander V5 (Vitpilen 701) need to be mapped for your setup or does it adapt? – I believe I can buy an adapter to allow it to auto tune but I was expecting the shop to map.

Is this a reputable Dyno shop? Yes, pulled from the DynoJet website

Is more than the tank broken on the bike? Nope, not that I am aware of.  Only 1300 miles on it.

Power at the wheel?  Are you using different sprocket sizes?  No changes made.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Not sure what the dongle should do there if you use a power commander anyways as I always thought the dongle only helps for those who want to cheat the ecu without going so deep into the pockets for a PCV.

Isn’t that like faking the ECU to do something which the PCV is doing anyways?

Participant

Yes, it tricks the ECU and allows the Dyno to map in  both the open and closed loop range.  Making the engine smoother.

Here is a video – https://youtu.be/v4Er_H1DPLo

Participant

Why not try making one change at a time?  I don’t know the exact technicalities of each, but if you make a number of changes together they may work against each other. And if you do get more power, you know what has caused it if you do one at a time.

Participant

Because each dyno appointment is ~$380… but you’re right, I may need to take something off.
    I figured if I was going to have the engine tuned I should have all the options installed first so its done just 1 time.

Participant

Thanks everyone.  Just had the tank fixed and bike dyno’d again.   Much better results.   Torque makes me question some the results but the shop where I bought said they could feel more power than a stock bike so who knows….   it’s working and I’ll be taking it out later today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.