Dutch Vitpilen

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Gotcha, that makes sense. Was just sizing it up to get an idea on what it would look like on the bike. Cheers!

NampusNampus
    Participant

Some minor changes made to the Vit over the last couple of weeks. Since it’s winter and the weather is crap all I do with the bike is just some minor things and mostly look at it and hope the spring will be here soon 😁

I’ve got a ram mount on the bike attached to the top right headlight mount for mounting my satnav. I haven’t been 100% happy with the setup, so as an experiment I bought a spare headstock nut, drilled a hole in it an put a ram mount on it.

https://vitpilenforum.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/26833/xlbx90pthgum9aa0xcykhhb52z0jhn2e.jpg

You can see the current mount on the left of the clocks. If I like the new mount I’ll order the MNNTHBX headstock ram mount cause that looks much better than this.

I also fitted a set of throttle spacers to eliminate the excessive play on the throttle tube.

And today I fitted a front fender extender to reduce the amount of dirt that get’s thrown up from the front wheel, and hopefully keep the bike a bit cleaner.

Participant

Hey Nampus…….. morning buddy. How goes it in the Netherlands?

I really like what you’ve been doing with your Vit701.  There are three mods you’ve done that I’d like to replicate here on my new Vit701.  All look great !

1) rear mud-guard, 2) the headstock RAM mount, and 3) the front fender extender.

With 1&3 do you have the make/part?  Both look like they’re a clean install.  For the MNNTHBX RAM mount, do you know which stock item it is?  Is it this one? Somehow I thought I’d seen an example with the hex-head.  Hoping I can grab one here in the States.

MNNTHBX RAM Stem Nut for 2014+ KTM RC390 2018+Husqvarna Vitpilen 401

Cheers…….. Mike

NampusNampus
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the compliment!

I assume you mean the license plate holder when your talking about the rear mudguard, mine is made by evotech performance:

EP Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 Tail Tidy 2018+

I’ve had an Evotech plate holder on my previous bike as well, they are really well made! Great quality part!

The ram mount is not the one you linked, that’s the one for the 401, you need this one for the 701:

MNNTHBX Ram Ball Stem Nut for Husqvarna Vitpilen 701

Mnnthbx is on this forum as well, and I think they are based in the US, so you should have no problems getting this.

The fender extension is from pyramid plastics:

Pyramid Extenda Fenda | Matte Black | Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 2018>

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Avatarphishbed.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by NampusNampus.
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I highly recommend the Fender Extender, I have one fitted to my SP401. I think the stock front mudguard/fender is way too short meaning lots of road grime gets thrown up onto the bike. I got my Fender Extender from Pyramid Plastics. They also do a rear hugger extender that stops a lot of muck from being thrown forward from the rear tyre onto the rear shock and swing arm which I fitted too.

Fitted similar items to my MT-07 too, again from Pyramid Plastics, with similar success.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.