Doing the Bar conversion!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

OK, I have 170 miles and carry a neck ache each time I ride. Doing the Svart tree conversion. Ordered pro taper Low bars in magnesium and Svart clamp.

Are these the risers I need.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Taper-ProTaper-Rubber-Mount-Kit-Fat-Bar-Clamps-1-1-8-28-5mm-Oversize-NEW/163572699766?epid=1811846480&hash=item2615b15276:g:P0sAAOSwNClceV0a

I will update as this all rolls along.

Daniel Taylor
    Participant

How did you get along?

thank you

Matthew
    Participant

Same….No farther. Hoping parts from Austria arrive early next week. I now have 550 miles on the bike with stock bars…I have become more comfortable with it, but still have a pinch at neck or upper back after about 10-15 minutes on. I have taken my hands off bars and moved to about where the bars will be, seems like it will be WAY more comfortable to cruise. I think my position is worse than most…I am about 5’8″ and its just a real stretch for me. While I am doing all the bars work, I think I will replace the clutch perch also to get rid of mirror bung. Probably opt for the Protaper perch with Hot start switch. I’ll throw some photos up when it all comes along. Anyone seeing this do any similar conversions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.