DIY Front turn signal install procedure, hyperflash relay fix

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What an awesome write up! Thankyou!

I upgraded my rear signals yesterday and have found that over 7k rpm the indicators start flashing on their own… I have the loading bar style ones, so I’m going to upgrade the rears too and then delete the flasher relay.

The pics and diagrams are excellent. Man I love this forum😂👌

Participant

Very nice tutorial.

I did this on my Svart 701. Note that for that bike, I had to lift the tank up to access the relay, which was on the right side of the bike. Worked like a charm, though.

new signals

Participant

Housing
    Does anybody know what screws go in those holes? I just lost one and would like to buy some extras. I had like 3 magnetic dishes out, don’t know how I lost it.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You can easily find out using an online parts finder. Gear4 Motorcycles has a good one. I can look up the part number if you give me the year of your bike and whether its a US spec or EU/ROW spec.

Participant

That would be amazing, I’m having a hard time using these parts finder fiches. I have a 2019 vitpilen 701 🙂 US I think. I bought it in Canada

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by AvatarJohn ee.
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You have a Vitpilen 701? This is the 401 section if I’m not mistaken.

Anyway, I’ll search for the screws on the 701 fiche and see what comes up…

BRB

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Could you remove one of the remaining screws and tell me how long (in mm please) the threaded portion is?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Are you messing with me? That photo you posted is of a Vitpilen 401, not a 701.

No wonder I could not find that plastic cover on the 701 fiche!

The plastic part is called the headlight mask electrical system box cover. It is shown on the “Mask, Fenders” page of the parts fiche. The screws which you are referring to secure this cover to the rear part of the electrical system box. They should be 12mm long. Husqvarna calls these screws “EJOT PT screw K50x12”. The fiche shows 9 of them are required which matches your photo. The part number you need to order is 0081050121.

The “K50” part means it’s a torx drive flanged button head screw, self-tapping thread, and the “x12” part means it’s 12mm long. As the screw is not really visible when the headlight is attached, you could get away with using a standard 12mm long dome-headed self-tapping screw, with a washer underneath it. Just make sure the thread diameter of your replacement screw is the same as one of the original screws (measure one before buying).

Hope this helps.

Participant

Sorry yes I stole that 401 picture from the OP.  Thanks so much for the details I think I got it. I just measured the screw and it is indeed 12mm. You are a life saver, gonna order some now.

Participant

Just a shout out to OP.  Using your write up I ordered the correct flasher relay from the source.  Yesterday I started and completed the job.  Easy peasy using your detailed instructions.  Appreciate the time and effort you put in!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.