Disappointed with Leo Vince, any exhaust MAKE power (Arrow)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I have the Leo Vince catback exhaust that I installed right after purchasing my bike. I only rid the bike home after I purchased it in the rain so I really didn’t get a good idea of performance before the Leo Vince went on. Well my brother picked up a Svartpilen and I noticed his bike was maybe a tad punchier. Not night and day but a little. I then started looking when I got home and found the Leo Vince doesn’t really provide any power increase and in some portions of the curve, decreases power and torque. What a disappointment. I have an Arrow decat yet to install but I’m not sure if I want to tune the ECU which seems like it would be necessary, nor deal with the extra sound. So now I’m wondering, would any of the Arrow exhausts MAKE power…or at the very least restore back to factory curve? I want the weight savings and the louder exhaust note and I’m not into the larger cans like the factory and Akra options. Anyone with experience with Arrow?

Participant

voila la courbe de puissance fournie par arrow

– courbe rouge montage original

– coube bleue pot d’echappement et decata Arrow
    ———————-

here is the power curve provided by Arrow

– original assembly red curve

– blue bend Arrow muffler and decata

Participant

You won’t have more power with any exhaust on Vitpilen 701 because of the engine, you have to do remap or install PV5. You can add only slip-on and won’t lose HP but torque probably will decrease in some places 😉 Just keep your stock exhaust and enjoy it or change slip-on, decat and add PV5 which is a lot of money for extra +5-7 hp 😉

Participant

Monk, I may have read that wrong, I’m not seeing a red curve there. Are you saying the green curve is the factory exhaust?

Simon, I appreciate the extra power of the factory pipe but I’m so OCD and hate the look and size of the factory exhaust. I’d like something a fair amount smaller and shorter…and a bit louder. I think with the tail fender and the exhaust it really ruins the look of the bike for me. I’m ok with something that won’t be adding any more power but I just don’t want to be losing any.

Would it be any benefit to run a catback and then trying to run an ECU tune? I’d like to do the decat but I’m worried it’ll just be too loud. 5-7 hp is significant to me when the bike only makes that it makes for power stock.

Participant

Probably the best option not to lose power and maybe increase a little bit and save money for ECU maps etc is a stock exhaust + decat from an Arrow or Leo Vince. Most of the rides like Vitpilen stock exhaust, I think Husqvarna did a very good job in comparison with other companies when you buy a motorcycle and already hate how exhaust look 😀

Participant

That I can agree with, it looks better than other units but still a bit too large for me. I ‘d also like something a bit louder as well, which the decat could certainly accomplish. If the Arrow units wouldn’t decrease power than I’d switch instantly.

Participant

On my Vitpilen I like arrow sound 😉

Participant

oui pardon, je me suis trompé, c’est bien la courbe verte qui est celle d’origine !

Concernant le bruit, de memoire Arrow m’avait annoncé 87db a 4200 rpm pour l’echappement et 105db a 4200rpm avec decata + echappement!

Si cela t’interesse je peux te faire une video à l’occasion pour le bruit sachant que j’ai un decata et le pot d’echappement!

——————-

yes sorry, i was wrong, it is the green curve which is the original one!

Concerning the noise, from memory Arrow had announced 87db at 4200 rpm for the exhaust and 105db at 4200rpm with decata + exhaust!

If you are interested I can make you a video on occasion for the noise knowing that I have a decata and the exhaust!

Participant

87 to 105 is quite the difference! I like how loud the bike is now with the Leo Vince and cat. Maybe I’m getting too old for the crazy loud stuff…at least for my bike that I’m riding regularly. Something that doesn’t get ridden often would be okay to be loud.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Typically all decat pipes give a few more top-end hp’s, but you loose on midrange.

unless you install a PV5 with the proper map.

Serious, the best and most affordable option for our bikes is to leave the cat in place, choose any slipon you like and remove the airbox lid.

Participant

ca fait une sacrée différence oui 🙂

En revanche c’est loin d’etre désagréable, je ne subit absolument pas le bruit qu’elle fait, contrairement au 990 SMR avec Akra ou je n’arrivais pas a faire plus de 2h sans avoir la tête comme un ballon!

Apres l’echappement Arrow est sympa seul aussi! Quoi qu’un peu discret…

————
    it makes a big difference yes 🙂

However it is far from being unpleasant, I absolutely do not suffer the noise it makes, unlike the 990 SMR with Akra where I could not do more than 2 hours without having the head like a balloon!

After the Arrow exhaust is nice alone too! Although a little discreet …

Participant

Le power commander V change effectivement tout avec la cartographie approriée! Optimisé le gain est enorme! c’est le jour et la nuit pour la vitpilen!
    —————

The power commander V effectively changes everything with the appropriate mapping! Optimized the gain is huge! it’s day and night for vitpilen!

Participant

And you’re referring to the map with decat and catback?

Participant

Oui, Elle est passée entre le main des préparateurs Bad Winners, ils ont programmés le PCV avec une cartographie specifique a ma configuration! Samedi ils me modifient la boite à air et ils chargent une nouvelle map

—————-

Yes, It went through the hand of the Bad Winners preparers, they programmed the PCV with a map specific to my configuration! Saturday they modify the air box and they load a new map

Participant

When you change only slip-on most people say that the o2 sensor fixes everything, but ideally, you have to do remap for these engines because you lose torque and you’ll feel it because of backpressure, etc… And do not remove fully airbox lid, just drill a few holes it can cause your engine work to rich instead of lean.

If you change only de-cat from Leo Vince, you’ll increase your hp in midrange and torque as well from 4-6k RPMs 😉 You can see graphs on their web.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.