Differents tires ans feelings

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar elbastos 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Coolbreeze
    Coolbreeze
    Participant

Hello all of you,

Did anybof you try ton change the stock tires (pirelli) with the metzeller .

I’D love to see what it looks like, and what it feels like when riding.

I am hesitating to do the change or to buy a second set of complete wheels.

All the best

Coolbreeze

elbastos
    Participant

Hi,

My rear stock pirelli was totally worn out after 5.200km, and got a good price from my local dealer on a pair of diablo rosso 3.

Big improvement in terms of feeling, amount of angle I take, braking, and it looks awesome as well. I still have not been able to test them in wet conditions, but it really improves the bike’s handling.

Cheers

Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

Thank you for your feeling, could you put us a picture to have a preview of the svartpilen with road tire ?

Zapf
    Zapf
    Participant

Here is the photo with Road5 tires

Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

Thx for the picture,  it s look good.

did you feel a difference between the road 5 and the original pirelli ?

Zapf
    Zapf
    Participant

major differences is in the cornering, the factory STR’s feels very tippey. I understand it is normal for a ADV tire to feel like that, a Road tire will give me more confidence and more importantly “feel” as the suspension moves around enough already.

STR’s are a good tire by any means, I did a 800km day ride in sun and rain and they didn’t miss a beat.

vitpilearn
    Participant

Was the front PR5  in the 120/70 guise? Wondering if there any significant issues since the manual calls for 110/70 but these are much harder to find!

elbastos
    Participant

With Diablo Rosso 3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.