Dented header on new bike?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kyle
    Participant

I just picked up my 401 a few days ago. I noticed that the header has a dent in it along with a white chalk mark and some initials next to it. Is this meant to be like this or did I receive a damaged bike? Are these markings from the factory or from the dealer?

PDSOUNDS
    Participant

Nope, this is not normal.

I guess they saw it, marked it in quality control, but decided to leave it on the bike… maybe the customer makes no fuss about it…

Haark
    Participant

Same on mine.   I think it’s been done on purpose.

PDSOUNDS
    Participant

I’ll check this within 3 hours when I come home

Kyle
    Participant

I checked some images of the 390 duke and it looks like the dent is there on the OEM headers. Seems like its normal. But if others could confirm that would be great.

Kyle
    Participant

Just confirmed with another dealer. It is meant to be there. So PDSOUNDS is talking out of his ass.

Haark
    Participant

I just saw a reference to stock Duke 390 header pipes having intentional dents so they may fit within the frame on an aftermarket exaust supplier advert.

It’s a bit weird because it’s not at the closest point to the frame.

PDSOUNDS
    Participant

My first post about this was WRONG!

I’ve checked it now, and on my bike it’s the same. Still it’s strange because there is enough room to pass.

Sorry for the stress I’ve maybe caused 😉

ps: I can not edit my first post to put it right…, strange enough there is no EDIT button…normally there is….

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by PDSOUNDS.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.