Decision help needed

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Owen Owen 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sivano2303
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m Sasa from Germany. Riding a 2016 Hypermotard 939SP right now.
    Actually I was considering replacing it with a Super Duke 1290 R. Well, went for a test ride ending up riding the Vitpilen 701, and what to say, felt in love with it.

Now, my wife doesn’t want me to get a second bike 🙁 So, now I’m a bit worried replacing my Hyper. Might miss power in the long term. But actually, for what I’m riding here, actually I think I’m fine. However, what are your thaughts? And do you think the Vitpilen 701 is suitable for longer tours like 3000km in a week?

Then, what I read in almost all reviews is how bad the cockpit is. What are your experiences here or did anyone yet modified the cockpit for better readability?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers
    Sasa

Whoops
    Participant

The dash is not very bad imo, however it definitely could be improved. The only thing to consider (from what I’ve heard, I have not confirmed this) is that it runs some of the electric components of your bike (obviously you use it to control ABS and traction control, there might be more), so you might have some computer tinkering on your hands. That being said, I plan on replacing the dash at some point here, probably gonna try to get a TFT when I do.

ETA: I love my vit, while more power might be cool, nothing is as cool as dat gas tank fairing… and seat… and the rear tail light… and the…. you get the picture.

If they were to come out with a 900cc vit that looked the same, maybe with a really well done triple in it, especially if they kept the weight down, that would be a beauty. But I think I’d kinda miss the big ol’ single, so I’d probably just end up with 2 Vits.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Avatar Whoops.
    Vafalo
    Participant

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>bonjour</span></span>

Personnellement,100 pour cent satisfait

J’ adore le look, la légèreté,le moteur

Seul point faible à mes yeux :

Le duo et le compteur qui condense

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

This bike has a lot less power than a hyper and tons less than the SDR but it’s really fun. I don’t think it’s a very good touring bike for longer trips (zero wind protection, tiny gas tank, thin seat, slightly more leaned in ergonomics) but it’s simply amazing around town and in canyons. It’s just so light and handles amazingly well.

It’s the slowest of all my bikes but I find myself riding it the most. Honestly, I love it. One thing this bike has changed for me is I now care a lot more about less weight than I do about more hp. And I used to be addicted to HP…

Choosing between a vitpilen and a super duke is kind of funny actually, they are so incredibly different. This may not be a popular opinion around here, but if the wife only wants you to have one bike I honestly think the hyper is a better all-round machine tbh…

sivano2303
    Participant

Hey guys

thanks for the advices, which I really find helpful.

So, that’s the plan .. on pentacost I’m going on a 8 day trip to the Dolomites.
    I rent the Vitpilen 701 for this trip now, then I decide..

If I’m doing fine with it in the Dolomites and am able to catch up with the other guys that’s my bike, if not I stay with the 939SP.

Keep you updated

Cheers
    Sasa

sivano2303
    Participant

So, here we go, some pics from my pentacoste trip.

3000km in total, I had great fun. Came back on Friday, when I hopped on my Hyper after returning the vitpilen it didn’t feel right anymore. Got a good offer and what to say, Saturday I went back to the dealer, sold my Hyper and now I’m waiting for my brandnew Vitpilen 701. Getting some modifications 🙂

sivano2303
    Participant

One more..

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

Nice brother. 👍

sivano2303
    Participant

Last wednesday I got my new baby…

Dealer stickers will be removed

Need other mirrors

Then we will see..

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

Looking good mate. That tank bag mount is almost surely going to do bad things to the sublime satin paint underneath it. It scratches REALLY easily and because it’s matte you can’t really wax or buff out micro scratches or swirls without murdering the finish…

sivano2303
    Participant

Update, mirrors replaced, dealer stickers gone..

Mounted the Rizoma windshield today… What do you guys think? I like it, however guess doesn’t take a way much wind. Unfortunately I couldn’t ride it. Picked the bike up from 1000km service today. After mounting the windshield I wanted to have a short ride, but, it doesn’t detect the sidestand anymore.. found the small magnet from the sidestand below the bike then, but the sensor seems to be broken. putting it back in didn’t help. Getting the dealer to replace the sidestand at my place hopefully. That really sucks. Lucky it didn’t happen during the highway ride home.

sivano2303
    Participant

Sidestand and broken magnet/sensor…

Owen
    Owen
    Participant

Awesome pictures. Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.