CRG Lane Splitter Mirrors

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

So I found myself seeing mostly my elbows while riding with stock mirrors…I went with the Lane splitters because I have them on my smaller bike and find them impressively sufficient. When removing the stock ends, I realized they are heavily weighted. My Lane splitters are very much not weighted and a significant loss of weight.

Question is, losing this much weight at bar ends and then weight of stock mirrors being removed, Is this safe? I am by no means an expert rider and want to be somewhat sure in what I am doing so asking for some feedback.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Matthew.
    Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

I did it on the svart and I dont see any difference. The risk is to feel more vibration in the handlebars, but I have never felt it on any of the bikes I’ve owned.

rlarue
    rlarue
    Participant

Not to worry, having bar ends or not is not a safety concern, as least not in the handling of the bike. The point of weighted bar ends is to reduce the vibiness of the bars, this can be felt in your hands and more importantly (in my opinion) seen in your mirrors. If while riding the CRGs are really buzzing and you don’t get a clear image in your mirror thats a different kind of safety concern and you might want to add weight back on, or swap mirrors. The OEM bar end mirrors I’m using hardly vibe at all.

*There are lots of pro riders, or riders who believe they are pro, who work hard to shave weight and nitpick every grams effect on the handling of a bike. That’s all relevant, if it works for you. Especially if you’re into track days and whatnot. Otherwise, just enjoy riding.

rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

Check out this web site :  https://www.rhinomoto.com/  ( bar end weights that work with CRG Mirrors).

Also this may help too: https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/parts-accessories/44115-rhinomoto-bar-ends-crg-hindsight-mirrors.html#/topics/44115

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by rod frost rod frost.

Matthew
    Participant

Very good info. Thanks all. Wonder if those Rhino Ends work on the narrow interior Dia of the Vitpilen. The LS CRG ends, I was not able to use the outer sleeves….just the small ones and tightened them down.

EDIT: Their site shows that they are made specifically for the Vitpilen and use stock weights. Wish I would have found those before the darn CRG ones that cost 40! They may be needed when I do the protaper bar conversion though.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Matthew.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Matthew.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.