Counter re-initialization

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

The counter of my svartpilen 401 was changed because it had a manufacturing defect, however, the mechanician did not initialize the counter correctly. then, The counter re-started at zero when I already had 2000 km on the counter. then, He suggested that he will add the 2000 km to the next revision, so, when I will be at 3000 km on the new meter. Will this not be a problem? Since once I am above 1000km, the counter may be a problem because I will not have been able to do the revision. In addition, currently, the red LED lights up when I am above 6000 rpm. so I am annoyed because the LED lights up when I am normally allowed to drive above 6000 rpm.

Thank you for your help, and sorry for my english, this is not my first language..lol

@Freds I don’t know if there’s a way for us to set the odometer after it has been reset. I would think a dealership would be the best bet to try that, but I have heard this issue happening on other bikes without having an easy way to fix.

In regards to the red LED shift light, I was reading on the Duke 390 forum that while the bike is being broken in (under 600miles/1000km) the shift light goes off sooner, and once broken in the light will go on at higher RPMs. I assume this is the same for our bikes. Either way you could just ignore this and shift at the higher RPMs. My bike is still being broken in but I usually shift based on sound and have always felt like the shift light came on too soon. I was glad to learn that it goes off later once broken in. Hope that helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.