Coolant leak, upper angle connector

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My new Svartpilen 701 starts leaking coolant when the engine is running and then stops leaking when it cools down. I was wondering if anyone else have such an issue?

Participant

Hi All – Just an update that following the water leak from my new bike, I took it to the dealer and they have checked and advised to keep the coolant level below the low mark to avoid overflow! Surely, Husqvarna design the low mark for a reason, i.e. avoid overheating the engine.  Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Where is it leaking out of?

Participant

The leaked droplets were below the bottom the compensating tank.

Participant

I had this on mine from new. The angle connector is an overflow or breather and is a very gentle push fit into the header tank. The problem with mine was that the tube that runs into the tank from the angle connector was slightly too long so it would push the connector out of the tank slightly. Once the bike heated up and the coolant expanded it would escape through the seal. Cut the pipe down slightly so there’s no tension on the seal and problem solved.

Participant

Thanks MelJ – I will check.

Participant

Leaking coolant Video showing up?
    Got a brand new bike and noticed leaking coolant.  No leaks at idle after 5 mins but it started spewing out coolant only after I revved it a couple times. Still havent had a chance to ride it.
    I bought my bike from a dealership 900km away so I want to see if there is an easy fix for this. Have any of you that are experiencing the same thing found a fix?

hmm just read the previous post about the extra long tube. Was looking at it and noticed the cap was hella loose so I tightened it. Doesn’t seem to be leaking anymore. Is this a factory or dealership issue? Seems ridiculous either way.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarJohn ee.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarJohn ee.
    Participant

My experience was exactly as you describe above.  Some leaking around the radiator cap on my first good Sunday ride.  Noticed it wasn’t screwed on very tight.  Wiped everything down, tightened the cap, and end of story.  No more leaking under any circumstances.

PePintoPePinto
    Participant

I didn’t notice any liquid on the floor or around the cap but my Vitpilen just came from the shop after a problem with the clutch hydraulic pump (dumped all the liquid while riding a few days ago) and they told me that the cooling liquid was way low…

they also told me there was a recall and that they replaced the gas tank!

I’m gonna go for a good ride in the next few days to see how she behaves and what I have to look forward…

the bike just completed 300km!!

PePintoPePinto
    Participant

hello,

with 300km, my 701 Vitpilen went to the shop because of a faulty clutch oil-pump (down one, near the engine) that leaked all the fluid/oil, leaving me with no clutch!!

It was solved with in warranty process, they also change the gas tank since there was a recall for the bike, and when I picked the bike from the shop they told me the radiator fluid was way low (300km!!).

3 days and just 2km later, the clutch problem is not solved. It’s still faulty and now intermittent – having clutch, not having clutch – although the fluid is all there (no leakage).

tomorrow I’m going to the dealer to see what’s happening

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

@PePinto This problem is not solved completely by installing a new part – many have had multiple slave cylinders fail, one after the other. Husky/KTM doesn’t seem to want to fix it completely, so the only real fix is to replace the slave cylinder with an aftermarket one.

There are quite a few other posts regarding this problem. See those for replacement specifics, but Oberon is one that is spoken about quite a bit.

Good luck.

PePintoPePinto
    Participant

Just left my 701 Vit at the dealer in the morning because of the recurrent clutch problem.

My idea was to ask them to solve it permanently (outside of the warranty) but the mechanic told me these bikes are having recurrent problems and a lot of them, and not just mechanical, also electrical, electronics and parts falling of due to poor assembly. He told me these are made in a factory in India and they are NOTHING LIKE the Huskys and KTM from other facilities.

I love thinking about it, looking at it and I especially love riding it (was looking forward to changing the wheels for spokes wheels and change to handlebars like the Svart – ABS parts) but I’m now pushing for a trade… I hate to do this but I can’t stand an unreliable bike in my hands and I’m not a collector, I need a proper functioning bike!

Looking forward for the conversation with the person in charge on monday to see if I can trade it up for a Duke 690, a Shiver 900, a Dorsoduro 900 or something else… no going for any bike assembled in China, India, Bangladesh or something like it… I’m even considering a big change for a trail: KTM or Moto Guzzi (they don’t sell Honda nor Yamaha there!)

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by PePintoPePinto.
    Participant

Are they all made in India? I thought only the 401a and lower were made in India. Would explain a lot if they were indeed made in India but the msrp is quite high for a made in Indios bike.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Now I know it’s easy to blame low cost problems on low cost production facilities, but have you actually checked the VIN to see where it was made?

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>How could you check where your bike is made? </p>

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by AvatarJohn ee.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.