Coolant leak, upper angle connector

• This topic has 20 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by AvatarPNP.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My new Svartpilen 701 starts leaking coolant when the engine is running and then stops leaking when it cools down. I was wondering if anyone else have such an issue?

Participant

Hi All – Just an update that following the water leak from my new bike, I took it to the dealer and they have checked and advised to keep the coolant level below the low mark to avoid overflow! Surely, Husqvarna design the low mark for a reason, i.e. avoid overheating the engine.  Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Where is it leaking out of?

Participant

The leaked droplets were below the bottom the compensating tank.

Participant

I had this on mine from new. The angle connector is an overflow or breather and is a very gentle push fit into the header tank. The problem with mine was that the tube that runs into the tank from the angle connector was slightly too long so it would push the connector out of the tank slightly. Once the bike heated up and the coolant expanded it would escape through the seal. Cut the pipe down slightly so there’s no tension on the seal and problem solved.

Participant

Thanks MelJ – I will check.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.