Coober vs Powertronic ECU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

Hoping to get some input. I’m upgrading my ECU. I’m tossing up between the Coober and Powertronic units.

I have a slip on, and have deleted the black box middle muffler. I also have a DNA two stage air filter which I’ve run and then removed as the bike felt whoop-ey and lean under heavy throttle.

The Powertronic unit is half the price, I’m curious to know if there’s any real difference between the two units.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Never tried Powertronic, but I have the Coober ECU and a similar setup to yours.  Couldn’t be more pleased with the Coober.

Participant

Coober is just plug and play purely designed for the bike, and power commander will require a good tuner. Since I don’t know any good tuner locally I chose Coober (also save some $$ from tuning)

I used it for racing with the RC and even though I’m slower around corners I’m fastest in the straight line lol, I’m always catching up and passing people in the straights this is vs R3 and other Rc390 , pretty sure it’s thanks to Coober.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by AvatarSisco.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by AvatarSisco.
    SSR1SSR1
    Participant

Hello I want to buy a Coober ecu for my 701 with Leo Vince cat delete pipe and akra silencer.

Coober has a specific file for me depending on my modifications?

THANKS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.