Coober ECU + Booster Plug?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

I currently have a Coober ECU and was wondering if a Booster Plug is compatible with it.

I’m trying to smooth the idle, eliminate low RPM surge, and tame the lean pops from the exhaust.

Has anyone tried this?

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Gotta keep in mind, it’s a hopped up baby race engine.

Isn’t the booster the same as pulling the choke lever in Carbornayted rides?

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

True.  I’m not sure about the carbureted mods to bypass A/F mix.

I’ve squeezed out as many extra hamster powers as I can.  Adding the Booster Plug would just be to smooth the idle, eliminate low RPM surge, and tame the lean pops from the exhaust.

Just didn’t want to waste time and $ on the Booster Plug if it doesn’t function with the Coober ECU installed as well.

I’ve also heard that you can simply unplug the O2 sensor to get the same result, but must be willing to live with the CEL on the display.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

A piece of Electrical tape will fix a distracting CEL.

Fooling with sensors is a fine line.

For 2x the price of a booster you can buy an off the shelf nitrous kit made for thumpers. (And do you wanna guess how the nos kits add more fuel to the mix?)

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Lol!  I’ve used the electric tape mod on vehicles in my past.

Trying to prolong the life of the little motor rather than explode it in a spectacular nitrous fueled blaze.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

What I wanted to point out is that the dry kits blow the nitrous past the intake temp sensor decreasing the sensor reading (alot!)  and increasing the fuel the ecu thinks it must inject, basically the same idea as the booster except nos is used vs some electrical stuff.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Makes sense.  Expansion of compressed gas is cold.  I was hoping for the plug due to it being a constant on even at low speeds and as small as possible .   I’ll probably just buy it and give it a try.  Was just hoping for some peace of mind that someone else had tried it with a piggyback ECU and had success.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I read some posts where they were putting in a bigger injector, or putting in a higher pressure fuel pressure regulator.

Pretty sure the Lambda value from the o2 is going to do it’s best to keep things in check.

Wonder if the sensor calibration values are adjustable in the ecu…

Participant

You don’t need booster if you have Coober.  Coober fixes the idle and low rpm response already for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.