Coober ecu and cat delete

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ihsfb 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tonkotsu
    Participant

Hi all,

just installed the AMP performance coober ecu and competition werkes cat delete. Cat delete was a breeze to install, bit longer for the ecu as the connections are in really tight places

impressions: wow!

As far as sound, it’s a massive improvement. Idle is bit deeper, more interesting, less toyish…but in gear, especially 3/4th, it’s fantastic, comes alive.

As far as performance, it’s just great. Before I was always surprised to find myself in 6th at really low speed, now bike wants you to stay at5500/6000rpm in gear and feels great doing so. The push after that has more torque and torque lasts bit longer for sure. I’ve the feeling it now performs as its supposed to…not a gas saver machine to hit the cool downtown.

Gears feel longer at low speed between stops where normally I was getting in 3rd before stopping, I now get there in 2nd.

Clutchless shifting is much better now.

Now I think I want to upgrade the air filter, nothing crazy but at least to get matching sound in deceleration. The guys at coober said that my open top box piggyback is tuned for bit more air.

Tomorrow ill go for a mountain ride and see how it performs.

Macloven
    Participant

thanks for the info. I’ve got the coober ecu in a box waiting until I hit 620 miles and done breaking it in.

sim
    Participant

About the coober ecu
    @tonkotsu: do you bought and installed it by yourself?
    I’m a no professionist, and I’d like to know if I can order the kit and install it with no support 😀

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Avatar sim.
    Tonkotsu
    Participant

Yup, I got it from aomc.

No professionisti at all here. Dont ecpect much from aomc, instructions inside are two pieces of black and white paper and they’re YouTube vid is not well done and never replied when I had a problem or even to confirm which ecu box I was getting but at the end of the story it’s four plugs and pretty easy. Only hard part is to reach the plugs as they’re in pretty tight spots.

Ive a disability on my left hand and cannot move it and managed to do it. I just called my wife to plug two of them. Throttle body sensor on the right side gave me some trouble as wasn’t connecting well after I broke one piece trying to unplug but later I fixed it. On the other side, coober assistance it’s been spot on, replied every email in real time assisting me perfectly. They’re product reflects they’re philosophy

Get back to me if you need help

sim
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation. really kind.

Indeed I’ve (still)  not the coober tuner – I need to finish the running in, I’ve the svart since monday – but I’m thinking to take it to add 5 hp

Macloven
    Participant

Just hit 620 miles yesterday and felt so good revving her out at last! Wonderful sound up near 10k.  So the coober will go in as soon as I get a few more miles post breakin.  Want a good baseline to compare performance and really hoping it cleans up lower rpm performance too.

tonkotsu, you mention contacting coober…were there issues? I too got mine from aomc on the Labor Day sale 💵

Tonkotsu
    Participant

Before buying from aomc I checked with coober if that piggyback was fine with my plan to remove cat and replace air filter and they said yes but make sure they give you the open top box…contacted aomc…aomc never replied

Then the throttle sensor position plug wasn’t plugging in with one of coober plugs and I thought was a wrong plug in my unit and I contacted them again (aomc never replied but coober did within minutes). At the end was because I broke the external lock of the plug so I had to force the connection a bit and remove a piece from the inside

Just pay attention when you unplug the original connections. 🙂

Tonkotsu
    Participant

I waited till 1k miles before installing ecu.

i think coober is a good option even if for that price I’d prefer something I can tune bit more later on but it’s a 400…not much we can do…but cat delete it’s been another good thing…I’m waiting now for the open filter and raised handlebar… then I’ve to think if it’s worth investing on suspension (really don’t like them much) and some kind of wind protection (at 85mph it gets so uncomfortable for me) or I’ll just get another bike.

Ihsfb
    Participant

I am seriously looking at the Svartpilen/Vitpilen 401s and know I will want a bit more torque. How are the ECUs holding up? Was it worth the price?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.