Competition Werkes Mini Cat Delete (Thoughts/Opinions?)

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

Hey guys i have been like many others on this forum, looking for the way to make my 401  just a bit more louder. i have been researching a lot and keep running into the comp werkes mini cat delete that ONLY deletes the catalytic converter. what do people think about this little device is it worth it does it really make the bike sound better? the price point for the part is not horrible like other vit exhaust parts

is this a worth it mod? or should i just look into shaving off the damper in the stock exhaust ?

Would really appreciate some input!

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

I have found this part retailing from 70-90 US dollars !

@Luwys007 I added an aftermarket slip-on exhaust first, and haven’t yet bought/installed the cat delete (I plan to soon). I think most people go with a slip on first, but there shouldn’t be any harm in going with the cat-delete & stock exhaust.

My guess is installing the cat delete + stock exhaust would make your bike a bit louder, but not as loud as going with the slip-on + stock cat. Either way, why not give it a try. I got a good deal on a slip-on otherwise I might have tried it your way.

Participant

Apparently the Akrapovic slip on doesn’t do much sound wise, from what most people who have installed it reported. I am planing on removing the DB killer from the stock exhaust. Seems really cheap and people who did it report a significant improvement in term of sound. I think there isn’t a proper consensus yet on whether you must remap ECU or not after a cat delete, with some people reporting more/less torque and/or power at different RPM after this mod, others saying it doesn’t do anything. I like the idea to keep the engine as stock as possible to avoid any possible failures (electronic specifically) on the long term.

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

@jordan @freccianera Hey thanks for the replies guys !  i have also been throwing around the idea of removing the DB killer of the stock exhaust is it really that much of a difference as people say ? i have seen videos of people who vaguely describe how they do it but never actually show it lol. what are your plans of completing the mod ?

@Luwys007 I installed a Delkevic 9″ slip on exhaust and noticed a big difference in sound. I’ve seen some videos of people who delete the DB killer on their stock exhaust and it seems to make a significant difference as well. I can’t say which is really louder as I’d have to hear them side-by-side in person. Mine was around $125 on ebay and I like the carbon fiber look much better than the stock exhaust.  Good luck with your build.

Participant

Hi @Luwys007, you might want to check the thread I started here : https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/stock-muffler-db-killer-removal-svartpilen-401/#post-26975

It’s about the dB killer removal process, I’m doing it now, I’ll update some pictures and possibly audio or video from before/after removal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.