Competition Werkes Exhaust Doesn’t Fit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All,

I purchased a competition werkes GP slip on for my new vit 401 and asked the dealer to install it prior to taking the bike home. Unfortunately the service manager at the dealer notified me that the exhaust doesn’t fit as the exhaust bracket is about 0.5” short of the mounting bracket on the bike.

They let me go back to their service bay to see the issue and indeed the mounting holes are about 0.5” – 1” misaligned. The technician doing the install also noted that in the stock exhaust there’s a “step” inside the muffler which seats it to the header but on the comp werkes exhaust there’s no seat and it seems to fit rather loosely to the header. We double checked that I was sent the correct part from competition werkes and the box does have the correct exhaust part# WHV401.

Before I reach out to competition werkes I’m wondering if anyone here has experience installing this exhaust that can chime in? Is there a way to adjust the header to potentially close the gap? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Disregard this post. I ended up trying to install the exhaust myself and was able to get it done. The Husky dealer was trying to install the exhaust to the front of the mounting bracket but it’s supposed to be mounted to the rear. The install instructions don’t mention this but I was able to figure it out pretty quickly.

Luwys007
    Participant

Do you have any pictures of the final result? @madmensch

Anonymous

HERE you go! @Luwys007

Luwys007
    Participant

Dude. That looks amazing. First exhaust i have seen for the 401 that i think looks sick !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.