compatibility between dike 390 parts and svartpilen/vitpilen 401

This topic contains 33 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Thekid374 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    galavoxx
    Participant

@jamez405 I looked into it but the fender, brakes caliper and pretty much everything else would need to be swapped. If I recall, even the speedo would need a new mounting setup. Too much of a pain.

galavoxx
    Participant

Also, the powertronic works great. I have had no issues. I imagine the PCV would also work. I’m sure that more off-the-shelf parts will be available for this bike soon.

jamez405
    Participant

Excellent! I just ordered the powertronic for a 17+duke 390/rc390. Now I can really take advantage of the competition works  catless mid pipe.

galavoxx
    Participant

Install wasn’t bad. I didn’t even take anything apart, just snaked the wires around and mounted the brain under the left seat fairing panel. You are going to like it. Make sure you read the instructions, it has two maps installed, one standard and one “tuned”. There is a jumper that controls which is on.

jamez405
    Participant

Awesome, it also looks like powertronics has some maps already developed for the 390 duke with various mods to it.

chewierocks101
    Participant

I was wondering if you could use any of the DUKE390 handguards, stupidly dropped the bike and bent the brake lever, can’t take how the handlebars compare. Thanks

jerd
    Participant

does anyone know if the Duke 390 Cat Delete is compatible with the Svart 401?  Trying to make my bike louder, and looking at different slip-ons and cat delete options.

Looking at this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NICECNC-Motorcycle-Stainless-Steel-Mid-Pipe-Decat-Eliminator-Race-Exhaust-For-KTM-125-390-Duke-RC125/32966419657.html?tt=Copier+dans+le+presse-papiers&aff_platform=default&cpt=1557685837717&sk=c8DohApi&aff_trace_key=be3456f3c9c84c77a88652a9d4c035ad-1557685837717-07210-c8DohApi&terminal_id=35edcb8f4a074463bafb7e917c0b42dc

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Avatar jerd.
    Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

Of course it s work great, it s need three washers more on the point of attachment

It’s a good quality parts (for china)

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

The Duke crash bars don’t fit on the svartpilen.

tested yesterday.

Thekid374
    Participant

Which crash bars did you try ? I’ve been looking and found these bars for the duke 390 and they look like they would fit perfect since they mount to the same holes that are exposed on the svartpilen/Vitpilen. There is another mounting hole under the engine bracket on the svartpilen that’s not exposed like it is on the duke 390. There is another set made by another company that mount the same way. If you find out any info let me know

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-crash-bars-ktm-duke-390-2013-2019

mhill426
    Participant

I just installed this guard from Amazon made for the Duke 390, took minimal modification to the plastic side caps with a Dremel or grinder. Looks really good, plus light weight and strong stainless steel to protect from rocks or road debris.

https://amzn.to/31LgJfM

Rad Guard from Amazon

rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

Thekid374, I picked up some of these crash bars from Luis Moto : http://www.luismoto.it/svartpilen-vitpilen-tubular-engine-protection-p-1846.html

Thekid374
    Participant

Thanks, will look into it. 👍

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

those are not the one I tried to mount

theFried
    Participant

I have the 390 Duke crash bars from KTM fitted to my Vitpilen. You just need to replace the engine and radiator mounts with the Duke parts. The upper mounting hole on the frame is concealed by the Vitpilen/Svartpilen mounts which are shaped like a P rather than a Y.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.