compatibility between dike 390 parts and svartpilen/vitpilen 401

This topic contains 29 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  theFried 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

Since it’s the same base with a different body work, are the parts compatible between the duke and the husqvarnas?

I thinking mostly about crash bars, sliders, and other frame protections…

Darkarrowmoto
    Darkarrowmoto
    Participant

from what Ive read and seen usually. especially frame sliders, crash protection, things like that.

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

The Dealership where I ordered mine will try with the KTM crashbar. I’ll keep you posted

Aerthyen
    Participant

Waiting for the post. :>

darrell
    Participant

the Ktm 390 CAT eliminater does fit on the Svart with the Husky Billit Exhaust bracket

galavoxx
    Participant

Here are some items that I found to work perfectly on the 401 ans some that do not work so well.

These work perfectly:

1. Powertronic for Duke or RC 390 (2017)

2. Rear shock (I used Wilbers)

3. 2017 air filter with the clips (DNA)

4. Tyga header

5. Oil filter, screen and o-rings (390 engines are the same)

6. Aftermarket levers – I used some off of Amazon for a Duke/RC 390 and they work perfectly.

Do not work perfectly:

1. Fork cartridges (I used 2015-2016 KTM 390 carts) – these work great but are not plug and play. The new forks have bolt-in cartridges, not drop in. My guy had to modify slightly.

2. Silencers and mid-pipes – mounting brackets are different on the Vit. The width of the exhaust brackets directly behind the motor is more narrow that previous model years. KTM 390 mid-pipe can be used but won;t bolt up to the bracket. The final silencer bracket under the passenger foot rest is also in a different location.

3. E-throttle tube for quick turn throttle – shape is different. It won’t work.

4. Airbox mod – The airbox has changed. There is no more “open airbox” option. You will need to drill holes below the filter, from where the air is now drawn.

ThemSheeps
    ThemSheeps
    Participant

I wonder if the 390 performance upgrade kit will work – it should as far as I can tell:

http://www.ktmperformance.com/ktm-performance-engine-kit-for-390.html

-Johan

Ales
    Ales
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Over $2,000 for this kit?</p>
    Why didn’t you go for the 701 then?

galavoxx
    Participant

That is a big cost for some HP and doesn’t even include some of the parts you need to make it happen. This is probably a discussion for a different thread though. We’re posting KTM 390 options that work on the Husky 401 over here.

mhill426
    Participant

I installed the USB accessory outlet for the KTM DUKE 390 on my SVARTPILEN for half the price Husqvarna wants

https://www.ktm-parts.com/93011942044.html

galavoxx
    Participant

Nice. I need one of those on my bike.

jamez405
    Participant

For the fork  cartridges, what specifically did your suspension guy do to make the fork cartridges work? I am also thinking of going this route but would like to know what I am in for before I pull the trigger on them

galavoxx
    Participant

He installed a fatter (thicker rubber, slightly more circumference) o-ring on the lower cartridge seal that sits at the bottom of the fork leg. This allowed a tighter fit of the cartridge into the fork. Otherwise, the cart feels a little loose in there, like it’s not fully sealed at the bottom.

There are holes in the fork legs as well, those need to be plugged. We used rubber stoppers from the inside of the fork but I would probably tap the existing holes and put a bolt in it from the outside with some loctite. This would prevent any oil at all from leaking. My suspension guy didn’t think plugging the hole was necessary with the better fitting o-ring but as a safety measure he plugged in the event that the bottom o-ring fails and lets oil leak past it.

jamez405
    Participant

I wonder if the previous generation 390 duke/RC390 front forks would fit our front end?

Then the cartridges would pretty much just drop in.

jamez405
    Participant

Also how do you like the power tronic unit? I am deciding whether I want to go with that or the power commander, I am assuming that the PCV works as well (seeing as a powertronic from a 17+ duke worked) but no one has tried it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.