Clutch issue

This topic contains 23 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Savovo 2 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Espen
    Participant

Then I got an answer to the problem at the workshop. It turns out that there are O-rings that are weak in the pump housing on the clutch, common on 701. Husqvarna is working on a 3rd generation O-rings that are coming these days. They say they are very random which clutches are affected by this problem. Ask your workshop to check your clutch pump the next time you are close by, there is a 5 year factory warranty on this.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Espen.

markus
    Participant

Hey guys.

I just wonder if that issue could also lead to a clutch which opens very late. As my wife and me own two Vitpilens i can compare directly. On my bike, everything seems fine, but on hers, you need to pull the lever completly to the handlbar to open the clutch fully.

When you adjust the lever to the closest position it’s nearly impossible to get in a gear.

Tomorrow her bike will go to the 1000km service, i will mention it for sure and keep you informed. Just would like to hear your thoughts on it.

cu

Markus

Nerbane
    Participant

Hey Markus,

As the issue progresses the clutch pulls more so it sounds like the problem We had. It went from normally working through the kind you specified your wife has to being unable to stop without turning of the engine, all in 2 km in my case. And from what I hear every evolution of the problem is different from bike to bike. If I were you I’d ask them to change it in your bike too unless they’re sure that you’ve got the updated piston fitted. I’ve got one of the first production models and AFAIK every bike my dealer sold showed up for repair. πŸ™‚

Hope they’ll fix it soon for you!

DanimalHeath
    Participant

I had the same issue (one of many with this bike) and the dealership replaced the clutch slave cylinder under warranty. This took weeks (24days) of back and forth with the dealership and Husqvarna.

Some Guy
    Participant

Just happened to me while I was in stopngo traffic on the highway. Only a little bit terrifying! πŸ™‚ 2018 Bike has 5400 miles on it.

My shop is replacing it under warranty, but the parts are backordered for approximately four weeks! πŸ™

Savovo
    Participant

For all the people that got this replaced under warranty, have you had any issues since then? I mean, they are going to be using OEM parts so wouldn’t the bad seal fail again?

Somehow mine failed on me right when I got in front of my garage. Was looking into upgrading to the Oberon, but I also don’t want to void my warranty. I have my first service and diagnostic check next Friday so i’m hoping I get my bike back quickly.

Nerbane
    Participant

Hey Savovo,

As far as I know the new parts are updated, Husqvarna knows about the problem. I’ve Got no issues so far and I’ve seen that the new parts sealing is different. Should be fine now as it seems someone screwed up the choice of sealing material for DOT 4 on the factory part. My seals were puffed and broken. πŸ™‚

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

For what it’s worth, the Oberon is a better unit and not wildly expensive (but also not free like a warranty replacement). Installing it will not void any warranty on the bike, except if it were to fail it would not be replaced under warranty. I have it and glad I put it on.

Savovo
    Participant

@nerbane I hope that’s the case.Β  Especially since I have the 2018 model so they had plenty of time to fix this issue. I’m still surprised that my local dealer had no clue what I was talking about when I called the service department.

@qwandree I’m glad the Oberon is working for you! I’m going to give the warranty replacement a try and if it ever comes back, i’ll be sure to order the Oberon and do the work myself. Thanks for the info.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.