Clutch issue

This topic contains 24 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar MFP2241 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant

Has this happened to anyone?

All fluid was drained and the clutch would not engage, as to imply that there could be a leak somewhere down the line.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Christopher.
    Zwillis
    Participant

There is a known problem with the clutch master cylinder, your dealer should change under warranty. takes 10min to change.

Brett Hawton
    Participant

I thought the “know problem” was with all KTM/Husqvarna 690/701 slave cylinders. A lot of people have switched to this aftermarket version because it’s supposed to have a better seal design.

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Husqvarna.html

Zwillis
    Participant

The issue with the master cylinder has happened with the 701 supermoto and some of the Offroad bikes as well.  I’d change it before changing the slave cylinder.

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

I had same issue yesterday, drained master cyl but no visible leaks at cyl, plunger, or on ground.

NeoRetro
    Participant

^ it’s a small amount of fluid so it might be on the road. the problem on mine was with the o-ring on the slave cylinder. the o-ring part has been updated.

arnel
    Participant

had clutch slave on my 701 replaced only after 1st oil change service.  they took a part from a showroom unit.

paulcapetown
    Participant

picked up my 701 a day ago and this morning i have the same issue.

Nerbane
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Same thing happened with my 701 after 400 km. No visible leak, dot 4 almost vanished from the reservoir. It sucked in the membrane from the seal and clutch started to pull. Looks like an O-Ring failure.

I was going to ride to my dealer tommorow for him to fix the leak of oil on the front sprocket shaft, as the seal is wacky. Looks like I’ll have to use a car now. 🙈

arnel
    Participant

watch out for leaking gas tank as well

Vit701Pilen
    Participant

Hey guys,

is there a bulletin from Husqvarna regarding which VIN’s are affected by these issues?

Thanks!

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant
    elpedro
    Participant

This exact same thing just happened to me. Fluid is pouring down the left side of the catalytic spoiler. Called the dealer and taking it in tomorrow, they’re replacing the OEM part with a Brembo unit.

My VIN doesn’t bring anything up on the Husqvarna VIN search…

Nerbane
    Participant

From what I’ve heard from the dealer, every bike that they’ve sold had the same problem (one of them one day after mine). Looks like rubber of the o-ring was not ready to work with dot 5.1. After the fix everything is mint for now. Regarding the recall info on the website, I’m too unavailable to use it, nothing shows.

Espen
    Participant

Hi. After retrieving my Vitpilen 701, yesterday after 6 months of winter storage, I experienced that the clutch did not work as normal. 701 would not go in neutral when I was going down before the traffic lights. I had to stop and force it out of gear. When I started up again from N and had to put it in 1st gear, it jumped and stopped despite the clutch being inside.
    I tried, after reading up on how to bleed out the clutch and how this would be done, that it just “ran” the Dot 4 oil right through the clutch. No leakage, although it seemed that the clutch worked when I pressed it in, the oil from the small scaled on the handlebars disappeared. I refilled this 6 times before I just had to give up. This morning I tried to drive it a little, then the clutch worked for about 10 minutes before the same problem happened.
    It seems like this is a common problem on Vitpilen 701 (2018 mod).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.