Clutch lever

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by 407guy 407guy 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thekid374
    Participant

hey guys/gals

ive been having an issue with my clutch, it doesn’t start to engage until the clutch lever is almost all the way out. It’s even worse when it’s warmed up. I’ve made adjustments to the cable, checked the cable for breaks in the wire but nothing helps. I have about a 1/2” (if that)  of clutch engagement before the clutch lever is all the way extended. I know all bikes are different when it comes to clutch engagement but this is bad. I’ve been riding for 21 years and I’ve stalled this bike 5 or 6 times in a little less than 2 months of owning this bike. Is anyone else’s svartpilen like this or somewhat close ? Is this normal for this bike to only have a small amount of clutch engagement.

407guy
    407guy
    Participant

What I originally thought might be a heavy clutch on my brand new Svartpilen 401 comes to be what you have described above.  I have to ease the clutch out almost all the way for it to engage.  I do not have large hands so this “straining” to control the engagement is killing my forearm.

Looking for adjustable levers (more than what the factory levers offer) which I hope will help my challenge.

svartroad401
    Participant

Glad to see its not just me then.

Let us know what levers you end up getting or if you fix the problem a different way.

407guy
    407guy
    Participant

Well, 0 for 1 with new levers.  The set I purchased via Amazon does not get any closer than the factory lever adjusted to the closest setting.  This is specific to the clutch lever.  Bummer!  Looking for another set…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.