Clutch Cylinder

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

so my clutch cylinder failed. got it serviced and was able to ride. I noticed today on my way to work that the cylinder was looking a bit low again. Not below the  minimum line, but I could have sworn that it was much more full previously. So two questions:

1. Is it worth calling my shop to see if they recommend taking it in?

2. Should I just try and replace fluids myself to bring them a bit higher so I can see if there is an actual issue? I have not changed fluids on a bike before but from what I’ve been reading it doesn’t seem to be ridiculously difficult.

I did ride the bike with no issue, so maybe the fluids just took a little time to “settle” into the system, but that seems a bit far-fetched to me. Realistically, how concerned do you guys think I should be?

QwandreeQwandree

If the cylinder is leaking, such as if the replaced seals weren’t installed properly, you’re going to want to take it in. Assuming it’s the slave that got replaced by dealer, if that seal is bad it usually leaks into the engine case so you won’t see any fluid under the bike. If it is leaking into engine, you will want to make the dealer do an oil change as well.

If the fluid in the master isn’t below minimum level you won’t do any harm to bike. I would just keep a close eye on it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.