Clip ons

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luce852Luce852
    Participant

Hi guys,

Lokking to install adjustable clip ons to make them lower, the stock ones are a bit too high up for proper body position (for my size anyway)

Has anyone done this? Looks like I’ll need a new triple clamp, without the clip on mounts on the end, then I could probably vit vortex or woodcraft ones on the forks. Does that sound about right?

Any experience on this? I’d love to know!

Participant

Cancel my message because I didnt see it was on 401.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarFaNaTic.
    Luce852Luce852
    Participant

looks like Tyga and Driven make a pretty nifty triple clamp for the RC390 which should fit on the 401.

If not concerned about aesthetics, I might try and putting some adjustable clip ons on the forks themselves see how it handles.

LMSpilenLMSpilen
    Participant

I can’t seem to find the thread but I did save the pictures… This has been tried before using the same clamp and it doesn’t work. The geometry from the steering tube to the fork holes is off by a cm or more and it simply will not connect. 

Luce852Luce852
    Participant

oh no 🙁 guess I’ll just have to chop off the mounts from the stock triple clamp on the same angle as the pinch bolt.

Thanks for your input!

Participant

I’ve actually seen this done successfully using a Svartpilen clamp on the Vitpilen w/CF handlebars. Totally changes the appearance and dynamics of the bike.

Clipons_01

Clipons_02

Clipons_03

Luce852Luce852
    Participant

Looks amazing!!

I got hold of S1000RR clip ons, which are 53mm i believe and should fit right under the stock clamp, I was going to cut/grind down existing mounts and retro fit those…but your set up is much neater

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.