Choking out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Riders,

Has anyone had their 401 die while riding?  I have had it happen twice in 3rd gear.  I will be driving along in 3rd for 100m at least and then give it throttle and it shuts off.  Luckily, the starter is electric and “smart”.  One press of it with the clutch in and it will aim to fire back up.  It has each time but its unnerving.  Anyone else had this?  I only use Shell gas (no corn).  I only have about 700km on it (475 miles).

Participant

Mine did this the other day, going pretty slow in 2nd. I’ve been reading up on the on the KTM 390 sites and it’s apparently not that uncommon. Haven’t seen an exact answer for it but people seem to think it has to do with the kickstand kill-switch.

Participant

wow.  Do you plan to tell your dealer?  Just so they know to report back to Husky?  Maybe ill send a quick email.

Participant

figured I’d mention it on first checkup. I’m going to look at the kickstand thing and see if that resolves it/happens again but either way will be mentioning it.

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

Just happened to me again for the second time…last week while idling at a traffic signal and today while decelerating to a stop sign. Will mention it to service dpt.

Participant

Mine has done this as well. I’ve noticed it while downshifting from 4th to 3rd (or is it from 3rd to 2nd) anyway, yes mine has done this like probably 10 times so far and I’ve got about 1460 miles. I believe that the shift connecting rod has something to do with it (but I’m guessing). I’ve also noticed that lately the gear shift peddle has started to get stuck and kinda kick back up to my foot when downshifting from 2-3 or around that gear. Its interesting, since ive noticed my shift peddle kinda “kicking back at me” it hasn’t turned off while downshifting. Let me know what you find out, Im interested. Thanks 🙂

Participant

I’ve had the weird engine die 2-3x now as well. Usually when decel and changing gears. Definitely not a rider error stall. Just this weird “engine turns off” and I can fire it right back up…

Participant

Im concerned.  There are VERY few riders on here and so far, a TON having this issue.  I told my dealer here in Canada who wasn’t aware but they are eager to help.  Since this is a Husky owned Forum, I assume they are reading this once in a while.  Chime in! lol.

xexxex
    Participant

I have a euro spec Svartpilen, bought it in Spain, have 3000km so far and have not had this issue at all.

Participant

I only got 45 miles on mine and picked it up last Thursday and it did it twice already. I looked the bike over and noticed that the switch by the clutch held by two Phillips screws was loose right under the lever. I screwed them in and it hasn’t happen again. Take a look guys and report back.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by AvatarGorData. Reason: added information
    Participant

Im confused which switch you are referring to. Can you upload a photo for reference? Thanks

Participant

I won’t be able to take any pictures until later this evening but the switch sits right where the nut that holds the clutch lever is, you can’t miss it. It is on the underside of the handlebars on the left side.

Participant

This happened 3 times yesterday to me.  Blipping to 3rd from 4th and 3rd to 2nd.  Always on the downshift.  I admit, I didn’t look for the screws you mentioned – I forgot.  I will when I get home but if you would be able to post a photo to ensure im looking in the right spot, that would help a lot.

Participant

I rode all day yesterday and did not have any issues at all.

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

I did…twice! >=-(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.