Chinese Parts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

I decided to try a few of the parts that are available cheap from China to see what they’re like. It might take a while to get it all sorted, it’s getting cold out in my garage! I thought I’d post a few things as I go, though.

First up is a radiator grill. Looks nice enough out of the box.

James
    Participant

Rather than bolt anywhere at the bottom, it hooks round the radiator. It might rattle a bit, but I’ll sort that if it does.

Undoing the left bolt (as I look at it) was a pain, with the rubber mounting block twisting a fair bit. It did come out, but was a pain to get back in and the rubber looks a bit odd now. Ah well, the new grill is mounted now.

James
    Participant

The plastic outer covers for the radiator won’t quite fit now, so next job will be to trim some off. Seems a Dremel might be the tool to use.

James
    Participant

I’ve just taken some of the plastic off the side covers with a Dremel and fitted them back on. It’s all tight enough that the radiator cover shouldn’t be able to rattle.

I’m pretty happy with the quality of this radiator cover.

James
    Participant

Next up should be the engine protectors. Again, the quality looks decent enough so far.

James
    Participant

Unfortunately, the seller only sent 7 screws (not bolts as you get with the proper ones) for attaching them and no screws for attaching the outer covers. I could knock up a spacer and get a bolt/screw, but the little screws seem to be a strange thread. Hole is around 5mm, but an M5 won’t go in. Maybe UNC or UNF, but hard to tell as I can’t get a thread gauge on there. Hopefully the seller will get the replacements to me pretty quickly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.