Chamber delete with coffman shorty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys, recently fitted the coffman shorty exhaust to my 2019 401 and I’m now looking at fitting a chamber delete next. I emailed coffman directly and they said that they have had a lot of good feedback from customers who run the shorty exhaust with a chamber delete in terms of sound and throttle response. However they mentioned that not all chamber deletes use the standard gasket? but we’re unable to tell me wich ones and we’re quite vague in telling me what this meant. Does anyone have any experience of running a chamber delete with the coffman and if so could you point me in the right direction as to wich one.

Participant

@Dan

In my case, I’ve a Svart 401 2020. I did the installation of the Coffman Shorty with chamber delete. Yes, they are right, the sound is excellent even with the DB killer installed. The boost in throttle is good but not much noticeable. In my case the gasket didnt fit in conjunction with the Coffman Shorty, so I discarded it.

Remember that doing the chamber delete will result in the motor going lean due to ECU programming for complying with the environmental regulations. It is recommended to do a ECU remap or install a piggback ECU in conjunction with some Open Box Air filter cover and High Air Flow filter.

Hopes this help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.