Cat delete

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    projek701
    Participant

Will the BadWinners kit work with the Arrow or Leo mid pipe? Anyone know?

David Brazil
    Participant

If you are asking about BW attachment kit for the spoilers, yes they will fit with an Arrow midpipe. I used both of them together. There is a slight contact with one of the brackets that I ground out a small oval and that cleared the contact. Not a big deal.

Yes, they work together.

Leafman60
    Participant

I notice that some cat midpipes (e.g. Arrow) have a canister made into their body as opposed to just a straight pipe as shown by other (Chinese?) variants.

What is going on with that????  What’s in that bulge????   Educate me.

David Brazil
    Participant

Big singles like to have large exhaust volume. The cat adds this volume, and Arrow has added a small volume at the same location in an attempt to help. I don’t believe it has much effect, but the Akro exhaust has a pipe that has a huge mid-pipe section, and it seems to help with power production.

The straight-pipe sections seem to reduce power output.

Essentially, it is there to help with exhaust flow on the pulses.

Leafman60
    Participant

I have NOT been able to find an Akrapovic mid pipe anywhere.  Can someone please give me a link so I can view it and maybe order one????

David Brazil
    Participant

The akro comes in a full system, not just the cat. It’s not marketed for the Svart/Vit, but for the KTM 690. If you mount it, you will have an issue with the muffler mount – it is located for the 690.

But you can make it work if you want. This is a very expensive exhaust.

Leafman60
    Participant

Good lord.  That big tank under the motor is just an empty box??? My guess is it’s a pre-muffler with baffles.

I already have the spec’d Akra slip-on. Even with the baffle out, it’s too quiet.  Hard to hear the thumper.

Maybe I’ll order a Leo V mid pipe and do all the other things that go with it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Leafman60.
    David Brazil
    Participant

You are correct, it is a pre-muffler and has baffles internally. Performance wise, it’s shown to be the way to go. But expensive and heavier than the other mid-pipe options.

It is very quiet, even more than OEM. I drilled out the “db-killer”, and now it’s perfect. I had an Arrow system that was loud on acceleration, but fine on neutral throttle. It had the bulged mid-pipe.

I am selling both of the those if you are interested.

Leafman60
    Participant

I just sent you a private message.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Leafman60.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.