Cat delete

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    QwandreeQwandree

Is there an x-pipe out for this bike? Do parts for the 690 Duke fit ok?

Participant

There is a cheap ($120USD) Mid-pipe for a KTM 690 Duke on Ebay. Might be worth a gamble but from the pictures is lacks the feature that hold the graphite exhaust O-rings on. I have some time schedule with a local exhaust fabricator to make one but he’s a few weeks out from having time available.

On another note, I ordered a the Yoshimura Carbon Exhaust for the KTM 690 Duke. Yes it will bolt up but it sticks too far out from the swingarm so the cat-can pipe will need to be cut and shortened.

QwandreeQwandree

Are you leaving the cat in place?

Participant

I’ll run the cat for now, but the intent is to make a mid-pipe as well. My concern is not really extra horsepower but here is California we have Ethanol in the gasoline (10%) and sometimes I have to travel for work and I’m gone for 2-3 weeks. I’d think that my 401 & 701 are engineered to survive that stuff but my other bikes were made before that started forcing that stuff on us here. It does nasty stuff to my carbureted bikes (DRZ400SMs, WR450F, and KLX140).

Anyways I always have 30gal of 110 leaded gas in the garage that solves any issues and I can just hop on the bike and go riding vs. having to drive to the gas station first. Leaded gas isn’t the best for the O2 sensors (you can clean it with a propane torch) but bad for the cat, hence why I want to delete.

Unfortunately, California Highway Patrol is getting a little overzealous with giving out tickets here lately so it would limit where I ride to avoid a $600 ticket.

Land of the free they say… 🙁

Vitpilen701Vitpilen701
    Participant

You can use LeoVince Duke 690 decat mod

Participant

Hi – I took the plunge and ordered the 690 duke de-cat link pipe.  it’s not completely perfect a fit, it’s 98% , it takes some fiddling to fit.  However, it makes a really nice difference to the sound, and the removal of the OEM Cat makes a huge difference to weight.  I’ve not noticed any issues with fueling – it runs sweet.

Participant

Were the problems with fitting the link pipe easy enough to solve? I think the link pipe you’re using looks better than the others available but I don’t have access to a workshop if I encounter any significant problems.

Participant

I’d love to run a cat-delete but I really don’t want to lose the black covers (they’re referred to as “spoilers” in the service manual) because I think they’re crucial to the styling of the bike. I can’t believe none of these exhaust companies have developed a solution for this yet!

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

@elpedro totally agree with you. The black spoiler is so important for the general look and shape of the bike. It doesn’t look good without it! That’s why I didn’t buy decat yet.. and also if you decat you have to remap the ecu.

Participant

@Maxence yep, agreed. The moment someone makes a cat delete that incorporates the front spoiler mounts, I think I’ll be on board. That stock muffler is too perfect to the styling to replace as well, in my opinion. Also, from what I’ve read on here, deleting the cat does not require a remap because the O2 sensor is before the cat…

Participant

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Bonsoir, je pense comme vous et je ne veux pas enlever le spolier je vais me renseigner pour la possibilité de souder une patte de fixation sur le tuyau pour refixer spoiler</span></span>

CpogagneCpogagne
    Participant

same on my side if I remove the catalyst I want to be able to fix the motor shoe

CpogagneCpogagne
    Participant

I’m going to check with my father who is in mechanics if he can do a piece by looking at the timeline arrow it must be manageable

https://admin.arrow.it/img/documents/3884516.PDF

Participant

Bonjour, avez-pu enlever le cata et refixer le sabot moteur

Merci

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.