CAN HLU FAILURE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So the Vit401 throws this HLU Failure everytime I ride it. Either the headlight wont come on or turn off. Real pain in the ass. I took it to the dealer and its there now. No one has a clue what is causing it. Not even Husky. tried software update, didn’t work. Tried swapping dash out. Didn’t work. Now we wait….

Anyone deal with this yet?

stroemstroem
    Participant

I would get a CAN HLU FAILURE just after a Low Battery warning because the voltage regulator was unplugged from the factory. But that doesn’t sound like your issue here

Participant

We have no clue what it is at this point. Swapped dash, reflashed ecu, swapped headlight unit and nothing. Now tracing the harness to see if something is loose and grounding somewhere. Also testing battery to see if drops low enough under load to throw a CAN failure but not low enough to throw battery message. Its frustrating for sure because it is such an awesome little bike. 382 miles on it, I hope this isn’t the norm.

stroemstroem
    Participant

While Husqvarna hasn’t been owned by the Italians for a few years, it seems this street bike line has Italian reliability. I like my bike, but I knew what what I was getting into. The reliability isnt the worst part, it’s the sparse dealer network.

Participant

Luckily for me I have a dealer 20 minutes from my home and they are awesome. They deal Ducati, BMW, Husky, and KTM and have been around forever. Other than this HLU failure the bike has been great. Little adjustments here and there as all new bikes require. This gremlin is driving me crazy though.

Participant

Hi Jt, i came here searching the internet because i have the same error on my Vitpilen701; i will open a new post, but you have the message starting the ride and headlight switch off with tail light? Mine do this, i change the fuse, if i start the engine the headlight works, but i give some gas (without moving the bike) headlight switch off, message on the dash “CAN HLU FAILURE” and the fuse is burnt! 🙁

Participant

My fuse is ok. My light just won’t either turn on or off at all. Day 5 at the shop and we are now looking for a loose ground somewhere

Participant

Got my bike back today. Turned out it was a grounding issue.

Participant

Yeah my CAN HLU failure came with a low battery issue. Tried boosting it and got a CAN EMS failure. Maybe can’t be boosted? Or too much voltage? Either way, both cleared up with a strong battery. Glad you got yours solved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.