California 401 simplified

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Taylor
    Participant

I was not asking a question about the Quick Shifter I was simply sharing a fact….the 2019 has a QS already fitted……on my last service my mechanic said “you know you have a QS now”…..thank you very much…..its awsome to use when pushing it, otherwise I use the clutch.

Scubadubbers
    Participant

@Daniel Taylor

QS sounds fun and easy.  Thanks for sharing.  Did you see the short levers I put on?

B.I.Savage
    Participant

I was not aware that the 401 from 2019 had the required hardware for a quickshifter…

@Scubadubbers
    /Daniel Taylor – Do your bikes have the sensor like the 2020 models? I was under the impression that the models with quickshifter have a different engine setup with the sensor visible on the side of the tranny and the exhaust running underneath.

B.I.Savage
    Participant

The shift shaft sensor on the clutch cover is not present on my bike.

All models with a quickshifter seem to have this part equipped.

Scubadubbers
    Participant

@B.I.Savage

My 2019 401 doesn’t have QS, but the fingers and toes on my left side are fast.

B.I.Savage
    Participant

Well with a QS you could make cool Shooter McGavin style hand signals while shifting… so I guess that’s a plus…

Scubadubbers
    Participant

Ha ha ha!

Ross
    Participant

Beautiful bike! Would you be kind enough to share where you got that plate mount it’s exactly what I’m looking for! Thank you!

Scubadubbers
    Participant

@Ross

Thanks!  It’s been a great bike.

I got the side mount for the plate on Amazon. Here is a pic with the info.

Plate

Ross
    Participant

Thanks Scuba! One question, did you have to put a washer on before installing the plate bracket then the nut?

LuisLAN
    Participant

Can you see it with polarized sunglasses?

Scubadubbers
    Participant

@LuisLAN

Yes, you can see it with polarized sunglasses when looking directly at it.  If you are off the bike and look at it from a sharp angle it is not seen.

The stock screen is also polarized, only opposite from the mod.  Test it with the stock screen.

Scubadubbers
    Participant

@Ross

Sorry for such a late response!  Yes, I used a washer to offset the license plate holder.

kieran
    Participant

hey nice mods! i to have the wunderkind rear indicators, can you use the relay they supply to work with your front indicators? or do you need another relay?

thanks

Scubadubbers
    Participant

@kieran

My Wunderkind rear and Rizoma front signals are all LED and were completely plug & play.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.