buzzing sound!?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there!

my first post! 🙂

So my bike makes this wierd buzzing sound when the ignition is on. It is probably coming from the throttle valve/housing. My dealer told me that “that is normal with all 701 husky” I have a very hard time believing that. No bike should make a sound like this. The sound changes a bit when you twist the throttle, just a bit.

I will post a video. Any one else with this sound or issue? thank for any feedback.

here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d63tvh2lwf67rq9/MOV_0174.mp4?dl=0

Participant

Mine makes the exact same noise and it’s annoying. Haven’t spoken to my dealer yet, but I figured it could have something to do with the fueling system. Some kind of release valve perhaps?

Participant

hello, thanks for the reply. Still that sound can not be “normal” dont care what the dealer says, i wait for several answers before any action.

thanks

Participant

My Svartpilen 401 only makes this sound when you turn the Ignition Key and the TEST-ON-DISPLAY comes up.

So about 2 seconds, than its gone. This seems normal (some kind of testprocedure)

You keep on having this sound, that seems NOT normal for me.

Some people here with a vitpilen701 should post there remarks about this I guess.

Grtz

PDSOUNDS

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

Same noise here too. I was told that this was the fuel pump doing it’s “Song and dance” (priming, I suppose)

The husqy manual does say to allow the bike to sit for a brief moment w/ ignition on, before starting. (like 2 or 3 seconds after you can 1st start it) I’ll try to find it and post a screen grab.

Also could be a module like ABS, some electronics whirr. I’m going with the Former.

Participant

well i have recieved a lot of replies on other forums as well, everybody says its normal, so i have go with it. Just seems freaking wierd to me…

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

I should also note that my kingquad makes a similar noise, but my raptor 700 does not. (Both fuel injected) Strange. I guess it depends on the sequence of operations.

Participant

Can confirm it also, it is absolutely normal with all KTM/Husqvarna 690 singles with ride by wire.

The noise comes from a small DC motor inside the throttle body. This is controlled by the ECU with a constant position control alghorithm with a control frequency of approx. 1kHz, which keeps the throttle exactly in position. What you hear is the 1kHz control of the throttle. This is active all the time, also when the engine is running, but then the rest is louder. This control cycle is necessary for a fast throttle response, what the 690 engine doubtless has. Idle to fully open takes only about 50ms, that is worth some buzzing noise………..

Participant

Perfect explanation. Thanks, George!

Participant

Thank you, that clears it right up 🙂

Participant

Sorry to reopen this, but the link to the video no longer works. Is the noise almost like a high pitched oscillating squeek rather than a ‘buzz’? My new (to me) 2018 vitpilen 701 makes that sound from somewhere in the engine area as soon as the electrics fire up, hence why I’ve just taken to Google to look into it. Thanks in advance.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by AvatarMark W.
    Satur9Satur9
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>If it happens when you turn on the key. It’s most likely the same noise as everyone else’s.</p>

Participant

Thanks for these responses. I was a bit worried when I heard this buzzing noise with my new vit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.