Buying decision Svartpilen 401vs Vitpilen 701

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I realize I’m posting this in the Svartpilen 401 forum, so going to make the same post in the 701 forum…

my wife has given the ok to buy a bike, so I’m deciding between the 701 Vitpilen and 401 Svartpilen. I’m 6’, weigh 210. I’m not a super experienced rider. Rode some off-road as a kid and have owned a Suzuki bandit 600 and a 250 enduro as an adult. I only put about 2,000 road miles on these bikes.

I like he lower price point of the Svartpilen, the riding stance, and the look a little more than the 701 vit. However, both seem to be marketed to beginners and I imagine the 701 could be a long term bike.

any considerations you all would take? Did you decide for the 701 over the 401 for a specific reason?

I can pick up an 18 Vitpilen 701 for $11,350 delivered. Svartpilen would be $6,450 delivered.

Thanks!

Participant

I read somewhere that there would be a 701 svartpilen coming that might hit all your needs. Great price on the 401 and love the seating position. That’s what sold me as it felt like riding a mountain bike, more my thing. I’d love to have both in a perfect world.

Participant

Macloven – thanks!

yes, in a perfect world I’d have them both!

I have seen articles on the svartpilen 701 and even that it will come in 2019, but I can’t find a definitive release date.

im going to look at handlebar risers for the vit 701 and maybe that will help with some positioning.

thanks for the feedback!

Participant

Btw, I’m 5’5” “tall” 150 lbs so the 401 is a good fit.

Participant

I’m 6ft and over 210lbs and it fits fine, yes it feels small but in a good way ie light and agile. Its loads of fun to ride and fairly easy. I test rode the Vitpilen 701(and am thinking of adding either the Vit or Svart 701 to my collection soon). It very different, not hard to ride but not as easy as the 401.  Faster, sharper more sporty if every way. If at all possible get to ride them both.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.