Black wheels Svartpilen 401 from France

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone! I am from Cannes in the south of France (beautiful places to ride 🙂 )

I have a Svartpilen 401 for almost a year and I love it!

I never changed anything on it but recently I decided to change the wheels color just to see.

New wheels cost too much so I looked for painting bombs and I found FOLIATEC (german brand).

It’s mostly known for car’s wheels painting but can be used on motorcycle’s ones. For the price (25€) I thought why not, let’s try it.

Easy to use, looks really resistant and cheap. And I think (in my opinion) that it looks good on this bike 🙂

So tell me what you guys think about it

I will add more photos from different angles

Participant

I have never seen one with black wheels and I am most admit it looks amazing. Nice job!

Participant

Thank you Bobby B!

I think it suits the black color of the bike

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Nice work! I have black wheels on my SP401 too, but they are cast alloy instead. I added a couple of wheel rim stripes to match the hi-viz yellow accents on the bike.

Participant

Thanks Vanessa

Oh yeah indeed, your black wheels look really nice too 🙂

I wanted to add some wheel rim stripes too but I was afraid it would be too much, but I was thinking of yellow cercle all around the wheel, not like yours.

But I have to say that the wheel stripes you added suit really weel the bike and it’s not too much at all.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by AvatarCirdano.
    Participant

Here are some other photos

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Thanks! 🙂

Nice photos there, the Svartpilen 401 is such a sweet-looking bike, yours looks great in those pics. I much prefer the pre-2020 looks, I just wish I could have the adjustable suspension and quickshifter of the 2020 401’s.

Participant

Did you tape off where the spokes hit the rim? or just spray it how it was?  Is this paint similar to a plastidip? looks sexy

Participant

Yeah same for me about the pre-2020 look, but as you said, few things from the 2020’s could be useful.

And we have been fooled because they lowered the price (from around 6500€ to 5900€ in France). Fortunately, I got mine (brand new 2018 model but bought in july 2019) for 5500€.

max mcilwee I indeed used some tape where the spokes hit the rim and it wasn’t easy to remove at all without removing the painting from the rim because after the painting dries, it becomes like a film covering.

So when I removed the tape, some small parts of the painting on the rim were coming with the tape. I had to be really careful and sometimes had to spray again some parts.

After that I was thinking that it would have been easier to just paint the rim like that because the spokes are black (except for the bottom part but you can paint them too, no one will notice that).

Yeah I think it’s the same kind of product as plastidip but I don’t know the difference in terms of quality.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.