Bike Stalling with clutch in, occasionally

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

Hey guys!  My 701, infrequently, will stall with the clutch all of the way in. I tried playing with the adjustment wheel on the lever with no luck. When this happens, the clutch will rebound very weakly, and be soft. Then Ill ride 500 miles no problem. There isn’t much adjustment to a hydraulic clutch from what I hear. I’m suspecting that there may be air in the line. It’s fluid reservoir is slightly above the minimum line, but isn’t leaking, and when this first started happening it was full. Pumping the clutch makes it go away. Within 8k miles, this has only happened about 6-8 times.

I was walking it into my building once up a ramp, and it happened, the obvious solution was to hit rear brake to stall it out, but I always push it in from the left side and couldn’t get to it. I had to lock up front brake, and was doing a burnout in my outbuilding with the clutch all of the way in and front brake locked up.  My dealer is kind of baffled, but they are looking at it today. Will update. Anyone else have this?

Participant

It’s leaking, the reservoir should be at the maximum level. There is another thread on this problem.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

@ Neoretro Leaking? perhaps. I’m a service manager for a heavy equipment repair shop. a hydraulic system above minimum, isn’t the cause of this problem. Between min and max you think it’ll malfunction? Please read my post in it’s entirety before hand!….as the issue was happening when at maximum as well. Also, please link the other thread on this, as the search feature on this forum either isn’t available or my millennial ass cant find it…….

Moving on, they found air in the hydraulic system and bled it out.  Nothing to do with it being  well within the design amount of hydraulic fluid. I’ll update later.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

So just had her serviced, all fluids topped off.
    Continually stalls with the clutch in or yanks me out into traffic at an intersection. Thank god i have a feel for this, and stomp rear brake to stall the turd out. I cant deal w this. Im quite upset. Its not a cheap bike, this is 100% LAUGHABLE. HAS HAPPENED SINCE DAY ONE. I called 1 855 282 6227 (husqy customer service) and left a waspishly scathing voicemail. Ive called them before they urge to not call. Sorry, bike is at ducati price point, i feel entitled to call.
    Nobody have any advice on this? Im not wanting to sell but its unsafe. Hope to figure this out. 11 grand is alot for a bike that has been unreliable at best. Screenshotting this post bc it may disappear

Participant

That’s crazy. Mine has once or twice flamed out coming to a stop, but I chalk that up to a computer / fuel injection thing. WVBlackgun, yours definitely sounds like a clutch problem, and getting a good bleed on it is a logical first step. Is it still doing it after it was bled? It sounds like it is losing fluid somewhere. I would think the slave cylinder would be the culprit since you would be more likely to notice a leak at the master cylinder.

I was doing a little digging and found  this:

Clutch issue

Looks like you’re not the only one. That’s too bad Magura generally makes good quality stuff. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

DAP831 it was the slave leaking into crankcase. Demanded all new fluids and filters as well as a slave cylinder all under warranty. Thanks to my troubleshooting lol. Bled fine, obv master then slave. but drank the whole reservoir in like 8 clutch pulls  The crank case was takinging all of my fluid via a leaking slave. Which of course contaminated all of my Oil and filters.

Participant

Yikes, DOT 4? I would have thought it was just the Magura Mineral oil. Either way, smart to change your oil and filters. Glad you got it resolved, and hopefully that will be the last of it. Those things are typically pretty bombproof

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

They changed it to dot4 after it drained 1st time (took 8300 miles). System calls for dot 4 or dot 5.something. hope all is done the 690 duke uses same clutch and motor, isnt a common problem so i think im in the clear now. The clutch feels so good now i think the slave deteriorated so slowly i didnt notice how shitfy it started feeling. Of course i noticed the stalling ect but i feel like i have a new bike again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.