Bike ‘mascots’

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wondering out of interest, does anyone else have like a mascot on their bikes? For some reason I’ve always stuck a Lego figure on mine. This little guy is currently mounted on the front brake reservoir.

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

LOL

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

this is cool! i need to find me a proper “mascot”

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Sweet! My bikes don’t have mascots on them, but my bike helmet is white and has big cat ears (Nitrinos cat ears helmet) and a red bow and a Hello Kitty badge on the back, so I hopefully look like Hello Kitty when I’m riding about.

Participant

Oh god 😄 That sounds horrifically amazing!

Do the ears not catch the wind and feel like it’s pulling your head back? I used to have a GoPro mounted on the top of one of my helmets and it always felt like my head was being forced back slightly.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Yes, you are correct, if I ride above 60mph then the wind resistance of the ears becomes quite noticeable. But I only wear my ‘Hello Kitty’ helmet when I commute to work and the maximum speed on that journey is only 40mph. There are so many speed cameras in the city where I live (both fixed position and ‘average’) that it’s not worth speeding.

I have a ‘normal’ bike helmet (still has a bow on it though) that I wear when I know I’m going to be riding faster on a longer journey or motorway.

But kids love to see Hello Kitty and they point and wave and laugh. It cheers me up on my way to work.

Participant

Speed cameras are becoming more of an issue everywhere. Where I live near Bristol is more of an issue with the mobile cameras.

One of my helmets is the HJC Mike Wasowski and I get a similar reaction when I wear that 😄

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Hey that’s awesome! I love Monsters Inc!

I’m UK based too (Coventry) and they are rolling out the average speed camera zones everywhere here, you literally can’t speed at all.

The only time I see other Svartpilens or Vitpilens is at my local dealer (CPS).

Participant

I have a street legal 85 XR350R with Donnie from the Wild Thornberrys on the number plate 😜 matches the bikes personality

Participant

It certainly stands out. Goes well with the Ape.

Participant

@SvartGuy I hope yours is in the Noddy colour scheme? 😄

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by AvatarVitsluman.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.