Best Sounding exhaust?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar James 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    leddifer
    Participant

Looking for the best sounding exhaust, I already have the competition werkes cat delete, but i’m looking to make it sound a bit deeper possibly, i feel the stock muffler gets a little tingy at certain rpm like it cant handle the increased airflow.

does anyone have any recommendations? videos? sound clips?

logikk
    Participant

This one has been out of stock for months but sounds great in this clip:

Lots of people seem to be rocking the LV-10. Hard to beat for the price but I don’t totally love the sound.

Also Glenn Medrano on instagram. Sounds better in his clips for whatever reason.

This dude put an Arrow on that’s made for the KTM 390s I think. It sounds pretty solid but bracket placement makes it look a little wonky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ELSJhgvu4

I order the competition werkes slip on recently. Should have it on the bike within a week. Will try to report back. There’s also the the Akrapovic but I personally think it is over priced for just a slip on and especially one that has a welded in baffle/”db killer”. Oh there is also the Remus but I didn’t like how it sounded in any of the clips I found.

leddifer
    Participant

logikk, if you could post a clip of the competition werkes that would be great! i love the look of it and the feact it matches my cat delete, but i cant find a good clip of it.

thanks for the links though

ichbinbier
    Participant

I’m quite happy with my Fresco exhaust. Much deeper and louder sound.
    Replaces the stock pre-muffler with a new one that acts more like a resonator.
    And I like the look better, cleans up the rear end.

Video here:

https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/fresco-exhaust/

Cell phone doesn’t capture the low end sound well.

Manufacturer site:

http://www.fresco-exhaust.com/exhaust-vitpilen-401-c-32_629_631.html

I bought the UltraShorty.

raklyiz
    Participant

@ichbinbier do you have a side picture of the bike? Interested in seeing what it looks like.

Haven’t been able to find a nice photo online

Matthew
    Participant

I am curious also about the Werkes pipe with the Werkes cat delete. Love the sound of stock pipe with that delete I have…I also feel as though the stock pipe is now working overtime. Love the sound…just like the look and potential little bit of brute sound that MAY come from adding that pipe.

ichbinbier
    Participant

@ichbinbier do you have a side picture of the bike? Interested in seeing what it looks like.

Haven’t been able to find a nice photo online

Parrox
    Parrox
    Participant

@ichbinbier is this exhaust road legal in Germany? Looks really good !

James
    Participant

Ended up with the Competition Werkes GP for my Svart 401.  It sounds superb.  I previously installed the Leo Vince decat, but I still have the pre-muffler.  (Full decats from Leo Vince and Competition Werkes seem to be no longer available.)

It is louder than stock, but not in the same universe as the straight pipe Harleys I hear around here.  Sounds like a proper motorbike.   I preemptively purchased the decibel killer, but I don’t think I’ll be using it.

The following video is an excellent representation of the sound (not my video, not my bike, but it is a Werkes GP on a Duke 390.)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Avatar James.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.