Best engine oil?

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all. I don’t know much about oil, but I need to do my first oil change and I want to get my bike good stuff, but not get ripped off. Any ideas?

19 svart 401

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Motul 5100 4T 15w50 synthetic blend.

I got 4 liters so I have extra on hand.  If I buy 4 liters again for my next change, I will have enough on hand for my 3rd change.

Oil

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I would recommend using exactly 1,7 liters of whichever quality brand of Motorcycle oil in 15w50 is readily available.

And that normally the first oil change should be done by the dealer because at 1000km alot of stuff needs to be checked/tightened/adjusted.

As for oil type, I personally decided to go with motorex topspeed for my last 3 oil changes, and will probably put in motul 300v once I feel the engine and tranny have broken in enough to be ready for racing synthetic.

Participant

Motul it is!

Crap, my bike has never been serviced and its at 10k miles… last owner just did the oil… should I be concerned? What should I have the mechanics check?

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Check valve clearance and replace brake fluids at the minimum.  Like B.I.Savage said, all bolts and connections should be checked.  New air filter.  Maybe new chain and sprockets if worn.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

You could do my favorite check of all: Play!

1. Remove skid plate
    2. Lift up the bike from under the engine
    3. Have a less-frail friend/acquaintance hold the rear end down as firmly as possible.
    4. Pull / push / tug / yank / (slap?) the front end around to see if anything falls off, gets jammed, or makes in appropriate noises…
    5. Switch positions
    6. Repeat with the other end.

While you’ve got it up with the rubber in the air, it’s also an opportune time to check the musical note the spokes make.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

@B.I.Savage

Ha ha ha!

Participant

https://www.motorex.com/fileadmin/user_upload/news/magazin/18_0169_Magazine_EN.pdf

i read this article p14 and stayed on

FORMULA 4T SAE 15W/50 from MOTOREX. ( semi synthetic)

don’t forget do order a kit & not reuse the old bolt/seal

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Yep, I use the Husqvarna recommended Motorex engine oil too.

Participant

Anyone got a link to a kit as I can’t find one anywhere

VanessaVanessa
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.