Bar end mirrors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Macloven
    Participant

Just realized posted this on 701 link. Crg Lane splitters installed and cant believe how much better vision is. No vibration on freeway and huge range of vision. And love the look too.

jerd
    Participant

you managed to install them with the original bar weights? I couldn’t get mine to go on so i ended up purchasing the adapters and removing the bar end weights

Macloven
    Participant

Had to move throttle in by redrilling locator pin, and had enough bar on clutch side to mount mirror on bar. So bar weights slid right in.

jerd
    Participant

Yeah, I noticed it just fit on the clutch side, but having weights is worse than no weights. Not willing to move the throttle side. In truth, the adapters and no weights work just fine. A teeny bit more vibration in the handlebars but not the end of the world, and with decent gloves its barely noticeable.

Macloven
    Participant

Will have to take a ride without the weights to see if I notice a difference. No big deal drilling the hole for the throttle pin,  but if there’s extra weight up high that can be eliminated, why not.

Anonymous

Hey Jerd, where did you get your CRG bar end mirrors and adaptors? And are they specific to Svartpilen? Thanks.

jerd
    Participant

got mine from Amazon but they are the standard CRG Lane Splitter mirrors which are available through revzilla or any online retailer. Same goes for the adapters, they fit into any standard handlebar, just replace the stock weights.

Macloven
    Participant

Amazon here too. A bit less than other vendors and I’m using the stock weights. I find the bars a bit buzzy so am keeping them in for now.

Anonymous

Macloven and Jerd:  Thanks for the responses. I wonder why neither of you pursued the bar end mirrors found on this site? They would seem to be of assumed high quality and perfect fit. And the price seems fair.

I am also looking at mirror extensions – which are very inexpensive.

Macloven
    Participant

I went with the CRG because I liked how they fold out of the way. I’m not a big lane splitter necessarily but the space where I keep the bike is narrow and I like to swing them in. Not to say I won’t get the Husky one’s at some point as they are nice looking.

ultramaroon
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a good looking blanking plug that fits into the space where the stock mirrors went?

Macloven
    Participant

I got these…at least 3 mph faster 🙂

bar mirror plugs

ultramaroon
    Participant

Ordered! Thanks for the link!

Anonymous

Not sure what my plugs are but the shop that build my tail tidy supplied – they also did my pipe mod. Btw anybody finding the bars a bit wide?

Macloven
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.