Bar end mirrors recommendations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    QwandreeQwandree

Anyone have good bar end mirrors recommendations? I ride in city traffic a ton so believe in good mirrors and will to spend on them if worth it. The stock mirrors are both ugly and buzzy…

Participant

I’m very happy with crg lane splitters. Great rearward visibility and  very little buzz so far.  Not the cheapest but the first mod for me and feel much safer with them.

I have husky ones fitted and vis is 👍🏻. Bars were a bit wide so trimmed 15mm a side, rather bars were to wide with mirrors.

QwandreeQwandree

Nice looking svart. What tail tidy is that?

StevenSteven
    Participant

I have the Husqvarna bar end mirrors on my 701 and they are crystal clear once you are on the move. While sitting at a traffic light at idle there is a bit of buzz. That can be expected considering it’s a single cylinder.701

Participant

I have ordered the husky bar end mirrors for my 701 and am waiting for the delivery. There are cheaper options, but I like the looks of the husky ones. Any recommendations on how to mount them – up or down from the bar? Pro’s & con’s, anyone? Looks, visibility, etc. 🙂

StevenSteven
    Participant

I have mine down. Personally I think it looks better but it does come with o e drawback. If you are using your bike to commute in traffic I would not recommend it as you are looking down for a second longer than you would if they were mounted up. That can be a problem with some of the drivers that we encounter on a day to day basis. As for visabilaty you will be looking between your thigh and under arm. So if your jacket that you ride with is bulky this could be a problem as well.

Participant

Thanks for input. I agree that it looks better facing down. But as most miles on the bike are done commuting I’ll probably go for safety and place them upwards. But I reckon it isn’t too much of a hassle to try both options 🙂

Participant

Does bar end Husky mirror works better then originals in high speeds? Originals work relatively fine up to 100kmph than there is only some blurry image.

Participant

The Husky bar ends are definitely less blurry than the originals. There are still some vibrations at some rpms but much better than before.

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

As Thomas suggests, the vibration is less than originals but it’s still there. IMO, the Husqvarna bar-ends are aesthetically too big for the 401’s already-too-wide bars. In hindsight, I would’ve probably purchased lanesplitters like the Motogadgets m-Rear which I think suit the bike’s proportions far better.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/motogadget-m-rear-bar-end-mirror

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I have had CRG Lane Splitters on all my others bikes and they are good but I decided to try cheaper mirrors this this time. So far so good they  are Mitcuning from Amazon .

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by rod frostrod frost.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by rod frostrod frost.
    rod frostrod frost
    Participant

Mitcuning from Amazon$16.69

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

I use these ones, small but the mirror got a big angle vision, quiet good.

SSR1SSR1
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.