Bar End Mirrors – Cheaper Option

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I love the look of the bar end mirrors on the 701, but was blown away when I saw what Husqvarna was charging for these:

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/ca/zubehor/handlebar–instruments–electric/special-parts/handlebar-end-mirror-1/

I found these at a local shop:

http://shop.kenssports.com/eshopprod_cat_9708-107412-107429_product_2109796.KEN_SEAN_AP_BAR-END_MIRRORS.htm

Went to install them only to find that the bars on the 701 are only about 1/2″ ID and therefore these 7/8″ mirrors wouldn’t fit. Determined to make it happen I went digging at the local hardware store and found some expanding concrete anchors. I bought the 1/2″ x 3.5″ long ones which fit snugly inside the bar before expanding.

I bought SS hardware to replace the bolt, had to shorten the collar slightly and drill out the M8 hole on the mirror bracket to 3/8″, but the final result is pretty great! I’m going to get a satin black paint pen and colour the bolt head.

They’re SUPER sturdy. I’ve reefed on them pretty hard and they don’t move. Mirror vibration has been greatly reduced. No conflicts with levers or throttle. Check it out and let me know what you think!

-DH

Macloven
    Participant

Looks great, quite a little project. I just today bought crg lanesplitters and hope they go on a bit easier on my 401.

Scott Emm
    Participant

I bought these and they didn’t need any modification at all.  Just locTite Blue.  The Chinese ones are fine if you use loctite on them.  They were $22 Canadian shipped.  100% happy with them.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01FM3CDAO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anonymous

Nice!

A friend of mine has those exact ones on his Duke 390. It was just a preference for a larger mirror that sent me to these ones.

Share a picture of hoy they look please.

The bike just looks so much nicer without those big goofy mirrors.

-DH

Myel
    Participant

Is it done with the original mirrors?

Anonymous
    Macloven
    Participant

I put on my Crg lane splitters over the weekend and will take pix if anyone interested. For the left side there was enough room on the bar to install and put the slider back on without removing the grip. For the throttle, I decided to drill a new hole for the locater pin about 8 mm further in to mount the mirror. I wanted to use the stock sliders and not put the mirrors further out and happy with how it came out.

Macloven
    Participant

First ride with bar end mirrors. Night and day, wonderful to actually see clearly behind me. Much more relaxing ride. And love how they look

Anonymous

Beauty.

johnlloyd
    Participant

Macloven – Can you post a couple more photos of the lane splitters please – close up from and fitting

Do they just fit in between the existing end piece and hand grips? No idea what you mean re locator pin, unless you mean in the lane splitter?

Ta

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by johnlloyd.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by johnlloyd.
    Macloven
    Participant

I will try to get some better shots tonight. The throttle body has a locator pin that keeps it from spinning. Lots of debate on whether to cut it off, drill a hole, etc. I went for drilling a hole as didn’t want the throttle spinning. I did have to move the throttle in to fit the mirror, but on the clutch side was able to compress the grip enough to get a secure hold without moving anything else. There are bar extensions that CRG sells that avoid having to move anything, but then you lose the bar weights and it’s a bit wider too which I didn’t want.

Macloven
    Participant

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Macloven.
    Macloven
    Participant

Some bad pics in the garage, too many projects going on. But you can see the stock weights being used with the crg’s so no change in width.

johnlloyd
    Participant

thanks

ive seen these that i may go for – any thoughts in comparison?

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Oberon-Performance-CNC-Streetfighter-75mm-Round-Bar-End-Mirror

Qwandree

@macloven

I notice you have some m10 caps on the mirror stalks. Where are those from and did you have any issues getting the m/f stalk extenders off? On my 701, mine seem like they are welded in…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.