Badwinners 701 Dashboard delayed until mid December

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Vit701Pilen
    Participant

Hi all!

Not sure how many of you have ordered the BW dashboard for our 701’s. I placed my order back in March, so it’s been a pretty long wait for it.

Just got their email giving us all an update. They are saying they discovered a bug during testing, something was happening when the dashboard would hit the 950 miles mark. They didn’t say what, but if its bad enough that they had to delay all shipping, it was probably pretty bad, like maybe the dashboard would just go blank or something of the sort.

In any case, I am glad they want to deliver a flawlessly working device, even if we have to wait a little longer. I rather they figure it out, than suddenly while riding my screen suddenly turns upside down :D, haha.

If you have ordered a dashboard let us know!

Cheers

Satur9
    Participant

Feb. replied to that email asking for proof that the dashes aren’t vaporware. As all we have been getting is vague responses. And delay after delay. Of course no answer. Then get a Black Friday sale email the next day.🙄

Vit701Pilen
    Participant

Hi all!

Alright, well woke up to an email from Badwinners, (Finally!), where they are announcing having finished all debugging of the 701 dashboard!

They are starting shipping and all orders world wide should be fulfilled by January 10th

dashboard box

Sokah
    Participant

It’s officially launched.

BW 701 Dashboard (Vitpilen/Svartpilen)

Vit701Pilen
    Participant

yep! here is mine!!

I LOVEEEE ITTTT!!!!!!! it had given my 701 a completely new feeling! its AWESOME!

E.A. Wooten
    Participant

Looks great! Few questions if you have a minute.

Any installation issues or trouble with the menu after installation?

Did the ODO remain set?

Is it fully reversible to your knowledge?

Sokah
    Participant

Hi, i have one too. I had no issues with installing and little drive. You have to set up ODO and if you wanne return it, miles/km are saved on dash (originall/BW) so if you turn back you have less miles on it. With that in mind, it its fully reversible.

Sokah
    Participant

@Vit701Pilen pls change indicators 😉 if you were able to pay for BW Dash

David Brazil
    Participant

Dashes are now being recalled and being requested to be sent back to BW.

At least some dashes, including mine.

paulmatthijs
    Participant

What’s the reason for the recall? I’ve been thinking about putting in an order (and having daydreams about combining it with an CarOS implementation) but a recall doesn’t help with that obviously.

Satur9
    Participant

It was a small number of svartpilens (12) that were shipped out.. they said something about traction control button .but seeing as how I was one of the first to order but last to receive. I think the svartpilens we’re the last to be made. And probably accidentally got rushed shipped out without the original fix.  I believe the 701 doesn’t have the 401 super moto mode.so I have no idea why the program would be different from all the vitpilens. In any event . This shouldn’t affect new orders

DCMnPA
    Participant

I have a 2019 Vitpilen 701 and am seriously considering purchasing this bad boy.  Does anyone know if the recall problems have been fixed and units available?  Turns out I’ll be in France for a few weeks late this month early next and the idea of having it shipped to the France address is very appealing……… (US here)

Satur9
    Participant

Mine was fixed and shipped back.. as far as in stock. Your best bet is to contact badwinners directly.  And I’m pretty sure a V2 version with USB is not even in the works.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.