Axle/tensioner block for fender delete?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m doing my own rear fender delete and will obviously need an axle block to go on the side after the plate bracket is removed. I scanned through a few places to see where one could be found, all were included with a fender delete kit. Any recommendations on who offers one or where one can be sourced? Thanks!

Participant

I bought the R&G tail tidy which came with an ugly black axle block replacement.   So I bought a standard one for a KTM Duke 690 (part# 60010084000) for 13 euros.  I will be fitting it today, I’ll let you know how it goes.  I have also had to buy some large spacers because I think they are required to stop the axle nut running out of thread.

Participant

Here’s an update.  For the best solution you will need two spacers of different sizes (one of which I don’t have).  One spacer goes directly onto the “cut” face of the swing-arm, the other goes on the outside of the adjuster plate (this is the one I don’t have, it has a smaller size OD).  It is possible to use two (same size) spacers on the “cut” of the swing-arm but, in my opinion, this pushes the adjuster plate out too far and it becomes a bit “floppy”.

When/if I try again, I will send you the exact sizes.

Participant

Keep me posted. I’d love if there was just an option out there for a single block that would work without having to use multiple pieces to adapt others. Wonder if New Rage would just sell the block from their kit.

Participant

I am going to ask Evotech (UK) the same question….they also have a nice one-piece item.

Participant

I had emailed them too. It looks New Rage would sell theirs separately as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.