Available Parts & Accessories

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Some Guy 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Are
    Participant

Hi,
    Does anyone have a complete accessories catalogue available? Most bits and pieces are available at Husqvarnas homepage (depending on selected country) but it would be nice to have a complete PDF or something containing them all. I can not find the license plate holder and if there is a specific spoked wheel set for Vitpilen 701 or if the wheels mentioned by the dealers are the 17″ Akront Tubeless.

Are
    Participant

Here’s a more complete list of accessories
    https://www.moto4.co.uk/search/?SearchTerm=701+vitpilen

JohnnyLightning
    JohnnyLightning
    Participant

Thanks for link. I just looked it up and discovered many items I hadn’t seen before readily available for all three Pilen bikes.

Are
    Participant

They have added a bit more to the official sites now as well, but I still can’t find my tidy tail. Need to clean up that tail situation asap.

BBkeppnis
    Participant

I agree. I need to find an aftermarket number plate frame thing

Owiren
    Participant

I’m also looking for a tail tidy. I’m receiving my Vitpilen today so I’ll do some measurement and then look for compatibility.

phishbed
    Keymaster

Most of the genuine Husqvarna Vitpilen accessories will be landing in the US where we are based in July and August. Some of them are available now. We will be listing them in our store starting today and intend to stock all the items as they become available. Most of the apparel items in the store are currently in stock.

I’m also seeking a tidy tail/fender eliminator for my personal Svartpilen. Please post as soon as you guys find one! I wouldn’t hold my breath, it may take a while to get aftermarket accessories into production.

Pannizzle
    Participant

If anyone is interested the air filter out of the KTM 1290 Superduke is the same as is fitted to the 701 Vitpilen.  K&N don’t yet do a filter specifically ‘labelled’ for the Vitpilen so I brought the filter for the 1290 Superduke (K&N partcode KT-1113) and it fits perfectly and runs lovely with it.

Michael
    Participant

Just put a 1″ bar riser on my Svartpilen and was amazed at what it did to make the bike fit me like a custom made suit. May not be for everyone, but it sure did the trick for me.

Brett Hawton
    Participant

I think you’re on the wrong forum. Current Svartpilens are 401s and this is the 701 forum for Vitpilens.

Pannizzle
    Participant

Just finished making and fitting my custom tail tidy for my 701.  Really easy to do and free if you have the right bits 🙂  if anyone is interested I can post a ‘how too.

Pannizzle
    Participant

Owiren
    Participant

Hey, I’m interested to know how you did it. I was thinking about buying a universal tail tidy and fitting a custom bracket to it.

Also is it hard to reroute the cables?

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Owiren.

Pannizzle
    Participant

A universal tail tidy will probably work fine.

The good thing is there are 4 fixing points to attach the new tail tidy already built into the tail of the bike – you just pop out the black covers to expose them (Red arrow ‘A’).  The Pillion seat is easy to remove, you take off the riders seat then pull back and wiggle the pillion seat off (Green arrow ‘B’).  The current rear plate and light assembly is also easy to remove, you take off the axle nut (32mm socket) and using Hex keys dismantle and release the cabling for the number plate light and rear indicators and I re-routed (very very easily) inside the frame and up under the rider / pillion seat (yellow arrow).  You will need a new axle / chain tensioner as the original assembly has it built in, the correct part number (KTM) is 60010084000 “Chain Tensioner R/S LC8” – (arrow ‘C’) – cost me £11.  

Owiren
    Participant

Thanks for the how to. Very easy to follow.

I’ll try it when I have time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.