Any integrated taillight/turn signal set ups?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    duvinclunk
    Participant

Was wondering if there were any aftermarket options for an integrated rear taillight with turn signals included? Previous bikes I’ve owned all had options where you could get integrated signals in the rear taillight.

I’m having a hard time finding a clean tail tidy. I don’t love the New Rage signals as I think they hurt the look of the rear end of the bike but may be my only option. Open to suggestions.

Satur9
    Participant

Not really what you were talking about. But I’m considering one of these.https://images.app.goo.gl/UujrG2VkVz4g1fnM8.

geoguide
    Participant

I need this but I need a flat one for my tailtidy probably. Please keep me updated if you try it.

ic3
    Participant

Hi there, the two things with the smallest footprint I saw so far were

duvinclunk
    Participant

I wish there was a place to buy the blinkers TOMpilen is using in the U.S. I’m not able to read details to see if they would ship to the U.S. on his eBay link.

ic3
    Participant

Just checked, unfortunately they don’t. The Shin Yo CUBE-H seem very similar (https://www.shin-yo.de/en/?s=cube&post_type=product&lang=en), but they don’t ship to the US either.

Do you have any regulations you need to comply with like we do here, or could you just fit any yellow LED cube from an electronics shop?

Max Kool
    Participant

You must have seen this thread.

duvinclunk
    Participant

The U.S. doesn’t have any specific requirements for the lighting so I don’t know why they wouldn’t ship here. Obviously when selling new there are restrictions but in my state they could remove signals all together and use hand signals when turning and be fine.

I contacted the eBay seller for Toxx and they will ship to the U.S. but the price is 40 euros for shipping which would be more than the light. I’m okay paying for it if they’re able to arrange it. We’ll see. I ordered the Kellerman Atto bullet lights to see if they could be fit anywhere without looking too weird but if they don’t work I’ll see about getting the Toxx ones.

TOMpilen
    Participant
    Monk
    Participant

Une autre solution assez discrète étant de trouver les clignotants avec un pas de vis M8 pour les visser à l’emplacement prévu pour un support de plaque, dans mon cas des motogadget

Another fairly discreet solution is to find the turn signals with an M8 screw thread to screw them to the location provided for a plate support, in my case motogadget

Catalyst
    Participant

Monk, did you need to change relays or did the motogadgets work well as is?

gzo1984
    Participant

Hey,

Just installed highsider proton IIs on my bike. Not integrated but worth another look. They are super small and discrete but bright. No resistors or flashers replaced and they do flash a bit quicker but I am ok with it. I was considering the kellerman ones but they have a weird M5 or M6 mounting stalk whereas the highsiders were M8. I also ordered rizoma indicator adapter plates and barracuda indicator cable kit (apparently the husky and MV agusta connectors are the same) and just soldered.

Also, sorry no photos of the rear of the bike. Can do later if you like.

Cheers!

Bferrissc
    Participant

I installed the New Rage Cycle ones…

duvinclunk
    Participant

The New Rage is an obvious pick but I do not love how it clutters up the backend of the bike. The rear tail on this bike looks so good without clutter or junk bolted up to it.

I ended up ordering some Toxx signals from Germany. They sit between seat and taillight, quite small. Honestly probably too small as I really would prefer to be seen and have other drivers have no questions about the direction I’m going. I’ve considered getting a second set, we’ll see.

Bferrissc
    Participant

Understood, but I don’t think they really modify the lines of the bike very much and look pretty integrated – I get lots of compliments on these turn signals.  And as you say – in the modern world turn signals are important.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.