Another new 701 owner

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a 2019 demo (90 miles on it) Vitpilen 701 waiting for me at Bills Motorcycles Plus in Salem, and will be collecting it in a little over a week.

I’ve had a lot of bikes in my 40 years of riding and currently road race a Ducati 848, having worked up from an Aprilia RS250 and Honda RS250. I began racing 12 years ago with a leaned-on Honda XR650R on supermoto wheels which I still own. The Honda dynoed at 52 Hp and 42 lbs feet after the engine was embiggened to a 680, and I STILL think of the Honda as a pretty fast bike. Even as an inexperienced racer I could keep up with most of the 600 super sports except in the long straights as the Honda ran out of speed at about 125 MPH. I am very much looking forward to the new Vit, which I am hoping combines good performance along with its good looks. On paper it should just about equal my old ’92 Ducati 900ss, and weighs quite a bit less.

I have gravitated away from liter bikes on the street as one simply can’t use what they have to offer, and it’s just too easy to misbehave…. 70 HP in a 360 pound package looks to be a winning combination of fun without getting me arrested. I can’t wait to ride it!

NampusNampus
    Participant

Congrats on the new bike! And welcome here!

Participant

Collected the new machine last week and managed to get a few miles on it- it’s being stored down south till spring so I’ll have to wait a while before I get to spend more time with it.

A question for other owners:

Where the heck is the tool kit supposed to go? it seems like it should fit atop the battery under the seat, but it doesn’t- or at least I can’t make it. Has anyone found a solution to this short of using a smaller lithium battery to save space or getting rid of the evaporation canister? Is this due to a loss of space in order to provide room for emission equipment on US models?

NampusNampus
    Participant

I keep mine in a cabinet in my garage. There is no space under the seat without fitting a smaller battery.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.