Alternative Vitpilen clip on riser…

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by HugoHugo.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

I’ve had my 701 for a few days now, and love it…in the midst of changing things to make it mine.

I do think I’d like to raise the bars a bit, but I love the look for the flat triple tree…very nice.  Also don’t want the expense and hassel.

I’m thinking about getting some like this helibar set for the BMW K1200R might look good and do the job.

This should be east to fabricate this style that would work on the vitpilen and grab a 1″ or so rise in the bars.

BMW K1200R helibars

barry

HugoHugo
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been interested in rising my bars too, but the ABM mode is so freaking expensive (even though probably justified by the big chunk of machined metal) that I’ve been reluctant to do so. And it does change the look too, which is a bit sad.

Someone shared this with me, it’s also a bit expensive but it might be perfect for rising the bars while keeping the style of the bike : https://www.gillestooling.com/products/handlebars/variobar-variable-clipons/2840/handelbar-riser-kit-35-mm-black#

Also, FIY, you get used to the discomfort imo… I rode 3500+ km with my pilen since I got it 2 months ago, including 3h trips without stopping and even if you do end up getting a bit sore, It’s definitely bearable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.