Alternate Luggage Set-Up (Kriega OS-Base / OEM Bags)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

First post to the forum!

I set-up something different in terms of side-bags on my 2020 Vitpilen 701 that used a combination of Kriega and Husqvarna OEM equipment. All-in-all, it kept some of the style of the OEM bags, while saving $200 instead of going with the OEM side bags which aren’t 100% my favorite. I opted for the Kriega set-up as it is not invasive at all and relies on the frame of the bike, and the rear bag bracket I already had when I bought the bike. If you don’t have the OEM rear bracket, the OS Base does come with some mounts that you do need to drill holes in the bikes rear fender to mount (no going back!). Sitting on it, it was not invasive at all – will be testing it out here soon on a 3-day trip through GA, FL, SC.

I used:

Kriega OS Base 

Kriega OS 12L Side Bags

OEM Rear Bag w/ OEM Tail Bag Bracket

OEM Tank Bag w/ OEM Tank Magnetic Mount

Picture:

Participant

Good combination~~~

I also want to use the product of Kriega for side bag and rear bag. But unfortunately, we don’t have many option of using luggage rack which is really important to me because I don’t want to make any scratches while using it. We can only use genuine OEM bracket(Which comes with the bag only) and Unit Garage product(we can buy it without a bag, but little bit expensive considering its design).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your 3-day trip happily and safely. Bon voyage~~ 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.