ALL 701 Vitpilen and Svartpilen Recalled!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got my tank replaced today. The new tank has thicker plastics in the bottom part according to dealer.

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

@Fredde – where do you live? My local dealer is saying there still is not a fix out yet.

Thanks.

Participant

I’m going to check with my dealer again

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarPrimeRunner.
    Participant

He lives in Sweden…. my dealer here in California US, told me by mid july but I think it’ll be sooner

Participant

I’m in Virginia and my dealer told me the same thing.  I am hoping for sooner too!

Participant

Thank you for the details and I’m happy you got the issue resolved!!!

Participant

As said above, I live in Sweden. Hope the new tank really solves the problem also, time will tell. I changed to a oberon slave as well, to avoid future problems.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarFredde.
    Participant

200 km driving today and so far so good, no leakage from new version of tank. Also no parts that had been ruined underneath the tank due to the gas leakage and the marks on the frame from the gas where polished away by dealer so looked really good.

Participant

AWESOME! Thank you for letting us all know!

Participant

I’ve asked my Husky dealer several times about the leaking tank issues but they have never seen it (good) nor heard anything about it from Husqvarna (bad).

Yesterday when signing the papers for my new Vitpilen 701 -18 they tell me all tanks need to be replaced. Nice to hear Husqvarna is finally communicating the issue even to the northern parts of Sweden. I’m less happy about needing to make the long trip back to the dealer again soon.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Avataryxskaft.
    Participant

Did you know that the new tanks are 800mls smaller?  You can read my post on the matter here, just go to page 5.

Gas Leak

DuctTapeDuctTape
    Participant

Hey Fredde, good to know you’ve got the new tank.

Btw, how long did they take to install it? (eg: same day, or did you have to leave the bike a few days?)

Participant

It’s correct Steve

it’s due to the thickness of the plastic.

Participant

I have had my bike standing at the workshop for 7 weeks since I did not dare to drive it with the fuel leakage, but the actual work was done in a couple of hours, the day they got the part then I could come and get it, so not that time consuming it seems.

Participant

I just dropped my bike off today and they ordered the new tank today as well here in California. They told me I can go back to pick it up in a week.. FINALLY!! I’ve been riding with the bad tank but it eventually began leaking while riding as before it would only leak after I parked it in my garage. Congrats to everyone who is getting it fixed. We made it through all the nonsense

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.