ALL 701 Vitpilen and Svartpilen Recalled!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m in the UK

Participant

Just got word from my dealer that the technical bulletin has been released through their system.  They still have to order the replacement parts and do the fix, but at least that’s progress!  Hoping it will be just a few more weeks to get my bike!

Participant

I also just contacted my KTM dealer and they told me they’d have the part by mid July.

Participant

@primerunner is that dealer in the US? If so, what’s the process like? Are they already ordering parts or do we need to let them know we intend to bring the bikes in?

Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I asked the person at the dealer if they would have the parts at the actual dealer by mid July and he told me they would. I wasn’t very specific with my question but I do believe they are ordering them already. I still have my bike in my garage and they told me I’ll be bringing it in when they have the parts at their shop</p>

Participant

And yes I’m in the US…. California to be specific. Near Disneyland

Participant

I just got an update from my workshop now, they have the new version of tank in workshop and will mount it this week on my bike so obviously Husky have already sent new tanks to workshops, at least to Sweden. So soon I hope everybody around the world that has been without their bikes due to leakage can start riding it again.

Participant

it’s really strange that some countries have the uptdate and for example me in Belgium nobody is aware of the problem… Or maybe everyone here is burying their head in the sand…

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by AvatarOlivier.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by AvatarOlivier.
    Participant

Sounds really strange that they are not aware, sounds like they does not want to know so they maybe do not look into it at all. If they contact Husky Austria they will, for sure, get information since it is a well known problem. Have you tried talking to another dealer?

Participant

You are so fortunate to have the bike ready this week!! I’m happy for you! Thanks for the update

Participant

My dealer in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia (USA) says they haven’t received any indication from Husqvarna about the fix except that they were not allowed to sell the 701s until further notice.

Participant

I’m in San Diego, California. I contacted GP Moto, and they gave me an appointment for July 8th, I sent them the letter I received from Husky USA, regarding the recall.

They did not seem to know about it either.

While my bike has not shown a leak where there is a puddle of gas on the floor, I have noticed that when the tank is not full, and I leave my bike inside the garage, the entire garage begins smelling to Gas, I took the bike to get filled up after 3 days of heavy gas smell, came back, and the smell is gone, no puddle either.

Very strange….the dealer did say that having to add 1000cc of oil in 3k miles, is not normal, so they want me to tow the bike there, so they can run diagnostics….

I’ll keep everyone updated as to what happens then.

Cheers

Participant

I was told that there is a fix for my new 701 on July 1st in Canada but that’s a holiday and I’ve reached out to get an update but nothing yet so will keep you guys posted. The fact that the dealer hasn’t gotten back to me yet isn’t a good sign though and this lack of communication with varying stories from all owners and potential owners is troubling to say the least.

Participant

I’m not an expert on this, but from talking to my dealer it seems like there is a system that they can log into that gives them the technical bulletin on performing the fix and the ability to order the necessary parts. Definitely seemed like there needs to be a proactive-ness on the dealers part to pursue the fix. Fortunately my dealer seems like they are on top of things. Also not sure if it is different in different countries?

Participant

There is a recall here in the EU it seems – just got a call from my dealer to schedule a replacement. New tanks will be arriving next week.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.